Senior Software Engineer
Come and be a part of Amazon's amazing growth story!
The goal of Amazon Logistics is to build a world class last mile operation. Amazon aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders are delivered as quickly, accurately, and in the most cost effective way as possible.
Are you looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems and build innovative solutions in a fast-paced environment working with smart, passionate software developers? Do you want to be in the forefront of engineering big data solutions that takes planning models to the next generation? This might be the role for you!
We are looking for Senior Software Development Engineer (m/w/d) in Luxembourg to be part of our AMZL supply chain team. The successful candidate will be a self-starter comfortable with ambiguity, with strong attention to detail, and enjoying working with large scale of data.
Key responsibilities but not limited to would be:
• Understand deeply various planning processes in AMZL for volume, labor and drivers and build a standardized process guideline.
• Develop the overall design (including UX) of the software solution and get nod from business stakeholder.
• Code the software and test.
• Demonstrate the software to the stakeholders and collect the feedback for improvisation.
• Run sprint cycles for the prioritization and deadlines for the deliverables. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• A Master degree or above in computer science, engineering or related field is required.
• 7+ years of programming experience in Java/Ruby/Python/C++, or other object-oriented languages.
• Strong computer science and software development fundamentals, including object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis.
• Experience of driving the architecture, engineering and software design of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications or services.
• Experience in big data software systems (Hadoop/Spark/R/Streaming Analytics, etc.).
• Experience building and operating highly scalable and available services. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• Experience in real-time analytical systems and machine learning.
• Experience leading or contributing to multiple simultaneous product development efforts and initiatives.
• Balance technical leadership with strong business judgment to make the right decisions about technology choices.
• Constantly striving for simplicity, and at the same time demonstrate significant creativity, innovation and judgment.
• Visionary leader, builder and operator.