Senior Software Engineer
Our mission as a leading investment management firm is to help our clients achieve their long-term financial goals. We believe our associates are the key to this mission and we are always looking for talented individuals who share our commitment to our client's success.
If you're looking for challenging work experiences and the ability to learn in a collaborative culture, we invite you to explore the opportunities available at T. Rowe Price. Overview
In this role you will design, develop, modify, adapt and implement short- and long-term solutions to information technology needs through new and existing applications, systems, databases and applications infrastructure. You will review and interpret system requirements and business processes as well as code, test, debug and implement software solutions. You will also:
You will be responsible for:
- Lead projects or work streams
- Be accountable for your work and sometimes others, provide process and standards advice in your area of specialization
- Work independently
- Serve as a resource for colleagues with less experience
- Performing as a domain expert in one or more parts of the software lifecycle (e.g., coding, testing, deployment). Leads significant pieces of development within the development lifecycle
- Contributing to the development of standard methodologies within your group
- Leading code reviews and actively participates in providing feedback on others' designs/code
- Being accountable for technical debt in your own software
- Leading a small project team, as required
- Taking control of complex problems and step through them in a rational way
- Making tactical vs. strategic trade-offs
- Being flexible in your thinking; able to evolve a solution when additional information or ideas are presented
- Mentoring junior members of the team
- Identifying when junior engineers need help and providing it in a positive way that promotes confidence.
- Actively helping team members/make suggestions to improve practices.
- Able to work directly with business partners
- Decisions show a focus on current and future business priorities, together with fiscal responsibility
- Can articulate business needs and translate them into technology solutions
- Typically requires 3+ years of progressive experience
- In-depth knowledge and expertise in your job discipline and working knowledge of related disciplines
- Stays up to date with new technologies
- Programs proficiently in several languages and is comfortable switching between them
- Shows dedication to quality by implementing suitable software using unit/integration and acceptance testing at the time of feature development
- Develops data models or schemas from scratch and knows of key concepts such as ACID, Normalization, and Transactions
- Debugs large components with limited assistance and assists other engineers
- Designs and develops practical APIs and abstractions.
T. Rowe Price is an Equal Opportunity Employer