Senior Linux Engineer - Electronic Trading Platform - S3 Trading Technology
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Electronic Trading Platform function operates in partnership with Securities Engineering and Platform Engineering teams. It is responsible for the design, development and support of infrastructure solutions for low-latency colocation environments as well as other specialized requirements in Securities Division defined client facing zones.
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Planning and ensuring delivery for strategic projects
- Escalating and mitigating execution risks/issues to minimize impacts to the projects
- Leveraging technology and tools to streamline processes
- Tracking incidents and deliverables
- Driving problem management and engineering solutions
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Linux system administration skills
- Experience with a configuration management system, such as CFEngine, Salt, Chef, or Puppet
- Scripting skills w/ Python, BASH, and various other Linux tools
- Extensive experience, with mixture of design, operations and deployment
- Extensive experience with vendor & client onboarding
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and analytical/problem-solving skills
- Hands on operational experience of delivering business solutions from concept to production ready
- Proficient in the use of task management tooling such as JIRA, Confluence, SharePoinT
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Bachelor's degree or above
- Proficient in Excel for modeling data
- Proficient in PowerPoint to visually represent the data and communicate the key points
- Requirements elicitation and specification, breaking down activities into component tasks
- Ability to coordinate and track aspects of onboarding new clients and connectivity, deploying new network infrastructure, executing platform upgrades/enhancements in an enterprise environment
- Understanding of network design, including routing protocols - BGP, OSPF, etc
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity