Senior Java Developer
This award winning company is among the largest IT and business consulting services firms in the world. Operating in hundreds of locations across the globe, they deliver end-to-end services and solutions, including strategic IT and business consulting, systems integration, intellectual property, and managed IT and business process services.
From public service transformation to cutting-edge commercial projects, their work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. When you start your story, not only will you be improving people's lives, you can be sure they'll do the same for you. Specifically they are looking for an experienced Java Developer to work with one of their key Investment Bank clients.
Your future duties and responsibilities
You will be working within an agile environment where necessity for rapid delivery co-exists with maintaining global consistency and stability of the application. You will work in a close collaboration with the business stakeholders and with other development teams located in different regions and responsible for various parts of Equities technology landscape (order management and execution systems, back office, reference data, etc).
The role covers all aspects of the development lifecycle from requirements analysis and solution design to successful implementation and SL3 support of the delivered product. It will involve the following major areas:
* Implementing new functionality in Trade Manager according to business requirements Implementing adapters to back office systems
* Working closely with the Axiom core team and occasionally contributing to the development of shared framework and other platform-level tools and re-usable components
The ideal person for this role will have extensive experience of professional development on Java within Investment banks. You will have a thorough understanding of equities and fixed income. You must have excellent knowledge of core Java (collections, multithreading, memory consumption, GC) and experience in working with high frequency/low latency data processing systems. You must also have experience with high volume data processing systems
Other essential experience includes:
* Hands-on experience with messaging platforms (Ultramessaging (LBM), Solace, JMS)
* Hands-on experience with FIX protocol
* Hands-on experience with Unix/Linux
* Understanding Equity trading workflows
* Agile/XP development experience including test driven development
* Understanding of disrupter programming pattern
Desirable experience but not essential includes:
* Hands-on experience with technologies such as Axiom, Bandwagon, VAS programming