Our client, a progressive boutique Asset Manager is looking to hire a Senior Investment Risk professional to work within the Quantitative Credit Risk team and support the broader Risk & Compliance function to ensure that robust investment risk governance, policies, procedures and processes in place across the investment division.
Role & Responsibilities
- Day to day risk management responsibilities include, but are not limited to, daily risk report production and investigation of out of tolerance metrics such as Value-at-Risk, Tracking Error, Beta, credit ratings, rates and credit sensitivities.
- Use of third-party risk models as well as well as tools developed internally to provide insight on risk exposures
- Develop tools to conduct analysis or implement efficient data management for the team. This may require the analyst to manually build reports or prototypes (for example by coding or using spreadsheets, but not only) to provide proof of concept before tools are implemented in the production environment
- Be a key point of contact for all investment risk related queries across the firm, this includes interacting with external third party providers and clients. Guide and mentor more junior members of the team
- Interact with Portfolio Managers and analysts as needed to refine analyses and communicate important findings.
- Take part of product development initiatives as a Risk representative. This will involve (but is not limited to) analysing and challenging portfolio construction. Maintain risk profile of each investment portfolio
- Perform stress-testing activities, this includes (but is not limited to) designing meaningful and adequate stress scenarios.
Experience & Qualifications
- A minimum of 5 years’ Investment Risk experience ideally gained from within and Asset Manager
- Hands on experience of equities, fixed income, derivatives, risk and portfolio construction concepts.
- Experience with portfolio analytics software (e.g. Bloomberg PORT, BQL, BQuant, APT, Aladdin, RiskMetrics, Murex, Dimension).
- Experience with multi-factor risk models (e.g. Axioma, APT, Barra) preferred.
- Exposure to ESG investing would be a distinct advantage.
- Highly numerate, very good understanding of mathematical / statistical concepts
- Programming skills (VBA, SQL, MATLAB, R or Python).
- Fast learner, ability to understand complex issues quickly and to come up with effective solutions to solve them.
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants responding to our adverts we are regrettably not able to feedback on all applications; only successful candidates will be contacted.