Our client, a leading global asset manager, is looking to hire a senior institutional investment writer, with experience writing about fixed income markets. The role focuses on creating thought leadership content and involves managing, leading and driving the creation of customised content for the institutional segment of the business. The individual will collaborate with Sales, Investment Services and the broader Marketing leadership teams to create compelling content and messaging for the institutional marketplace.
- Provide effective communication material for clients and new business prospects primarily in the institutional markets, ranging from investment insights, to industry thought leadership and areas of audience interest such as governance, sustainability, active/passive, as well as investment views on asset classes and educational pieces on current industry/market issues.
- Show and develop deeper understanding of leading solutions in the institutional marketplace, including Long Duration, Target Date and fund-of-fund solutions.
- Contribute to the editorial direction of the team based on business needs.
- Partner with marketing leadership, the investment group and quantitative analytics teams to develop robust content that is supported by data and analytics.
- Demonstrate the ability for utilising the firm’s intellectual capital to develop original, insightful and deep content that resonates in the institutional marketplace.
- Develop content that can be leveraged across multiple channels: digital properties, white papers, conference presentations and pitch books aimed at an institutional audience.
- Translate complex ideas into compelling, sophisticated and informative pieces.
- Proven experience of investment writing at an investment manager
- Strong international Institutional market and investment knowledge, with deep experience within fixed income
- Familiarity with the key issues affecting the range of institutional clients, not least the areas of DC/DB retirement plans, solutions for the government sector, Sovereign Wealth Funds etc., and messaging that resonates with these sophisticated audiences.
- A demonstrated ability to capture complex ideas and express them clearly and concisely.
- Ability to distil multiple sources into a coherent narrative.
- Quantitative aptitude: comfortable with analysing data and portfolio reports and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to identify relevant portfolio changes and interpret the drivers of those changes (market movements, economic events and so on).
- Creativity at generating ideas which engage with the needs of internal and external clients.
- Experience of writing for different digital formats, as well as long-form papers, e.g. website content, e-mail newsletters, social posts, etc. and ideally with an appreciation of the role of SEO in copywriting.
- Ideally, the writer will have a journalistic background and/or editorial experience and audience building skills. They should be comfortable in extending their commentary to audio and video channels from time to time.
- Experience of writing for different international markets, particularly Asia, as well as Europe.