The incumbent will answer queries from Senior Management. The incumbent will lead a team of Accountants, Specialists, and manage third party resources in the resolution of issues & conflicts relating to the financial functions supported, ad hoc requests made, or executing on delivery of firm wide initiatives in support of the global function.
- Manages a team of finance professionals. Provides feedback, identifies development or career opportunities, coaches, conducts performance reviews and salary discussions.
- Document and maintain departmental policies and procedures.
- Evaluate, recommend, and implement process efficiencies to strengthen controls, reduce risks and eliminate redundancies.
- Manage, develop, and coach associates in order to meet department quality and productivity standards, enhance skill sets, and retain associates.
- Responsible for recruitment and performance management for team of associates.
- Manage global payroll processes to properly pay, report and record compensation and related costs.
- Develop and monitor procedures for the preparation, documentation and disbursement of all payroll remittances, payroll taxes, and employee benefits.
- Review and audit payroll prepared by staff and third party providers to ensure compliance with corporate policies, tax requirements, statutory regulations, and GAAP.
- Monitor, evaluate and manage changing legal, tax and regulatory demands and their effects on processes and procedures.
- Primary lead to manage third party service provider to ensure effective and efficient operations aligned to deliverables for associates and other clients
Stock Incentives and Employee Benefit Plans
- Administer and manage long-term incentive (LTI) plans in coordination with Tax, Legal, Human Resources, and Managed Service Providers
- Partner with Human Resources to ensure that compensation and incentive decisions / changes are appropriate / adequate
- Facilitate the routing and resolution of inquiries from associates, transfer agent staff and brokers
You should be:
- Certified Public Accountant, Chartered Accountant, and/or Certified Payroll Professional
- Experience working with service providers
- Experience leading a global payroll function and related reporting functions
- Demonstrated ability to coach and develop associates at varying levels
- Outstanding financial, technical, and quantitative analytical skills.
- Proven track record of developing and implementing value-added financial processes