Company overview: As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individuals meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. But as the world changes, so do our clients' needs. That's why we have a long history of adapting to suit the times and keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients. Our corporate purpose is to invest actively and responsibly to create better futures for our clients.
The AUM and Revenue Reporting team are responsible for revenue accounting for Asset Management across the Schroders group. They ensure correct and consistent accounting for revenues, both for statutory and management reporting. The team prepare commentary to explain movements in revenue and to support financial, regulatory and management reporting requirements. The team are also responsible for compiling the sales and AUM figures for the group, producing daily, weekly and monthly management information for the business on these key performance indicators.
The team support the business with ad-hoc revenue, sales and AUM analysis to facilitate decision making and to provide input into RFP pitches to potential clients.
The teams within Finance are working on a global change programme to develop new, standardised global systems and processes to support the global Finance function and the rest of Schroders.
Overview of role
- Monthly analytical reviews of revenues and AUM from clients and Schroders funds;
- Developing a detailed understanding of the group transfer pricing policy and revenue allocation process.
- Developing a clear understanding of the interaction of movements in Assets under Management and other drivers that impact revenues;
- Preparation of monthly revenue commentary for presentation to Financial Control teams;
- Liaise with Group Tax and auditors for revenue and AUM related requests;
- Updating Oracle general ledger and preparation of monthly balance sheet reconciliations;
- Working with the rest of the Revenue and AUM team to develop and new revenue and AUM reporting service;
- Supporting the business with ad-hoc requests for revenue and AUM analysis;
- Participation in projects as they arise;
- Producing and maintaining standardised procedures documentation.
- Qualified accountant
- Strong Excel skills (complex functions but macros not required);
- Systems literacy and experience with using ledger accounting systems essential, and knowledge of Oracle Financials would be beneficial;
- Numerate, with high attention to detail;
- Organised, diligent and methodical;
- Enthusiastic, positive and result-focused;
- A team player, able to develop close and effective working relationships within Finance and across other areas of the business. Good inter-personal skills, as these will be required to deal with a wide range of people in many departments and countries;
To apply, please visit www.schroders.com/careers. As part of the application process, you may be asked to complete a video interview.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.