Global presence - United Bank for Africa UK Limited (‘UBA UK”) is a subsidiary of a leading Pan African Bank headquartered in Lagos, Nigeria with a global footprint. Established in1949, UBA Plc has presence in twenty (20) sub-Saharan African countries, the UK, France, and USA. At UBA UK we believe in great outcomes for our customers. We like to empower our teams to deliver the Bank’s strategic objectives. Our people are passionate about Africa and our business.
We are seeking a Regulatory Reporting Analyst to join the UBA UK, London team, in a small Finance team to support the Head of Regulatory Reporting,
As the Regulatory Reporting Analyst, some of your responsibilities will include:
- Regulatory reporting - preparation and timely submission of regulatory returns (monthly, quarterly, annually and ad-hoc).
- Preparation and maintenance of detailed reconciliation reports for each regulatory report.
- Preparation of daily Management Information (MI) reports distributed to EXCO and other departments.
- Data analysis for accuracy and integrity of regulatory reporting including mapping of data in the regulatory reporting software (e.g., for testing new products).
- Maintain relevant audit trails and explanations for regulatory and auditor queries (both internal and external audit), as required.
- Maintain up to date knowledge on all regulatory reporting requirements and updates to regulatory guidance.
- Review, maintain and update procedure manuals for regulatory reporting.
- Other ad-hoc duties in support of the Head of Regulatory Reporting and the Finance team.
- Previous financial services experience essential
- Highly organised, self-starter who enjoys collaborative working
- EBA, PRA and FCA Regulations, including CRR & CRD IV rules.
- EBA & PRA liquidity and capital reporting
- Experienced in Regulatory Reporting with over 2 years working in the regulatory reporting environment
- Appropriate IT Skills to run reports and review data mapping on regulatory reporting software
- Prior banking experience
- Strong analytical abilities
- Proficient in excel
- Degree educated - Honours degree level or equivalent qualification