My client is a leading global investment bank looking to add an experienced Quant Researcher/Trader to their Automated Trading group. The teams responsibilities are ranging from building electronic market making strategies, algo design, execution strategies to provide liquidity internally and externally on large range of products and subsequently hedging risk inherited from internal and exchange flows.
The ideal candidate will contribute to the day do day activity of the desk with a strong focus on quantitative research/trading to provide liquidity internally and externally on large range of products and subsequently hedging risk inherited from internal and exchange flows.
They are looking for a technically strong Quant Trader with practical experience of market making derivatives, who can add value to the team.
The ideal candidate will work on the development/improvement of performance and central hedging on Index Futures, improve Futures Placement for Index Futures strategy and have expertise in Order placement methodologies.
- Ideally 2+ years' experience in Future Market-Making
- Should have used/worked with a high-freq backtester/simulator
- Should be able to code, Python is a minimum but ideally C++
- A preference for candidates who built their experience on European derivatives markets
- Quantitative background - includes degrees in Mathematics, Statistics, Econometrics, Financial Engineering, Operations Research, Computer Science and Physics.
- Programming proficiency with at least one major programming or scripting language (e.g. C++, Java, Python).
- Strong technical & problem solving (troubleshooting) skills
- Proactive and flexible approach to dealing with challenges
- Highly motivated to work directly with traders and research
- Ability to quickly resolve issues under pressure
- Strong communication skills and ability to work well with colleagues across multiple regions.