Our client is one of the largest companies in the world and trades a broad range of commodity and derivative products. The Global Head of Risk and a number of senior Trading professionals are based in the UK.
Working for a leading international commodity firm with an excellent reputation. The role is for a Quantitative Analyst to sit with and support the Trading Desks. The role will be working directly for the Global Head of Risk. The role holder will be expected to price physical products and derivatives (but can learn the commodities side if they are unfamiliar).
- The role offers interaction to exco and the front office
- Working actively on risk management.
- Candidates must be comfortable developing their own code where necessary to find ad-hoc solutions to challenges.
- Candidates must have strong communication skill to be able to work closely with the heads of trading and senior management.
- Developing tools to measure physical options and storage.
- Strong Quantitative Education.
- Advanced Python skills and one other programming language.
- Able to build analytical models.
- A self-starter.
- Commodities experience would be a plus but not needed.
For more information please feel free to contact me via email or for an application. Mohammed Kidia - MK@Barclaysimpson.com