Client Services Associate 6 month initial contract Large Investment banking client London based
The Portfolio Services team is responsible for providing support across the organisations product and vehicle range, with a focus on those accounts managed from London. The team is the primary operations point of contact for the investment teams and covers a variety of functions ranging from client reporting to cash management to client services. Several core operations functions are outsourced to State Street Investment Manager Solutions (IMS). The team works closely with State Street IMS to ensure all deliverables are being met. The clients product range is continually evolving into new product and strategy areas, demanding ever changing infrastructure and solutions. The individual will be required to contribute to these discussions to ensure that the appropriate support models are in place.
- Oversight of the reporting team in India and ensuring our oversight obligations are met from an audit perspective. Generally being a point of contact for the reporting team
- Co-ordination/completion of various reporting related tasks including client audit requests, client questionnaires, and various other reports for external/internal stakeholders.
- Participate in any reporting related projects
- Work closely with the transitions team on new client onboarding and other events, coordinating all portfolio services aspects
- Provide day-to-day support to both clients and internal stakeholders by taking ownership of queries and working with various teams to resolve eg. investment teams, CRMs, legal, compliance, FCG
- Prepare and verify trade instructions including deposits, fx and mutual fund transactions
- Using strong business sense and judgment to identify potential risk areas; making appropriate recommendations and highlighting those risks via the appropriate escalation channels
- Ensuring all procedural documentation is up to date and accurate.
- Working proactively with counterparts on a global basis, in making recommendations for process improvement and consistency.
- Detailed product and instrument knowledge
- Candidates for this position will have some experience in a comparable role within the financial industry, in particular in the area of client reporting
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong business sense and excellent judgment
- Knowledge of the custody environment
- Strong communicator
- Strong risk awareness
- Has proven ability to interact with multiple internal and external functions, including clients and portfolio managers
- Comfortable dealing with senior individuals and management across these functions
- The individual must have excellent attention to detail
- A self-starter who is able to maintain a high standard of accuracy while managing various deadlines, a creative and dynamic individual that can work independently or as part of a team working to exceed expectations.
- Strong communication and time management skills are required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- A degree, whilst not required, is desirable.