A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us. POSITION PURPOSE
The Portfolio Analyst is primarily responsible for researching investment portfolios and developing institutional-level portfolio analysis, messages and content to inform key stakeholders about T. Rowe Price's investment portfolios. The portfolio analyst leverages the time of both the portfolio manager and portfolio specialist while working to help ensure the consistency, accuracy and integrity of investment messages across relevant regions, distribution channels, and audiences. The portfolio analyst serves as a subject matter resource for their assigned investment strategies and serves as a representative of those investment strategies across the firm. Analysis and content developed by the portfolio analyst supports the firm's efforts to provide outstanding client service and to gather and retain assets. The portfolio analyst must continuously grow and adapt to meet changing demands and a wide range of requests for support as markets, strategy lifecycles and performance cycles change over time. The portfolio analyst must excel at working independently, collaborating with key professionals, and leading projects to completion. The role is responsible for participating on project teams and collaborating effectively with many groups across the enterprise.
The primary coverage for this role will be support global macro and rates strategies including Dynamic Global Bond, Global Government Bond and Global Aggregate. Direct knowledge of such strategies is strongly preferred. Principal Responsibilities Research and Analysis
Provide Leverage to Other Investment Professionals
- Conduct investment research on assigned investment portfolios, taking into account financial market conditions, competitor analysis, asset class characteristics, portfolio construction and positioning to support the needs of the portfolio manager or portfolio specialist. Research conducted by the portfolio analyst may also provide direct support for marketing, sales, and client service efforts.
- Creates custom analysis often under the direction of the portfolio specialist either to anticipate client concerns or to respond to client inquiries in a time sensitive environment on a global scale.
- Develop and maintain knowledge necessary to act as a subject matter resource on markets, portfolios, portfolio manager thinking and positioning, benchmarks, and peers. Subject matter knowledge is used to support existing strategies and may be used to support new product initiatives.
- Often in conjunction with Portfolio Specialist, creates quality and nuanced investment messaging to effectively communicate and position results of analysis and inform key stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver quarterly strategy updates often in conjunction with portfolio specialists to inform the enterprise of investment results and views on assigned strategies.
- Grow and maintain expertise on multiple investment data applications in order to extract investment data and conduct analysis.
Franchise and Asset Class Support
- Support and in some cases represent portfolio managers and portfolio specialists in response to associate and client inquiries, including ad hoc and follow-up prospect, client, and consultant questions.
- Act as an investment resource for content creation including custom presentations, exhibits and analysis (i.e. mini kits, capital market decks, matrixes, new product collateral, etc.) used by Investment Management, portfolio specialists and the Business Units.
- Provides investment support for and sometimes represents investments perspective on sales and marketing collateral, this can include development, review and/or sign-off responsibilities.
- Depending on coverage area and business needs, may be asked to participate in internal training sessions and client calls as appropriate
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS Required:
- Develop and maintain relationships necessary to navigate an often complex organizational structure and evolving regulatory environment in order to respond to client needs.
- Contribute to an informed sales group by providing general education, onboarding, one-on-one coaching and facilitating quarterly meetings with distribution associates.
- Educate and train diverse groups of TRP associates about assigned investment portfolios.
- Provide franchise support on RFPs as well as written commentaries on assigned investment strategies.
- Support the full sales cycle (obtaining consultant ratings, prospecting, sales meeting preparation, real-time sales and client service meeting follow-up, client retention inquiries)
- Responsible for helping raise and maintain brand awareness globally by working with Marketing, PR, Distribution and other enterprise groups.
- Assist in mentoring new and junior members of the team.
- Academic excellence
- Minimum of 3 years Asset Management experience in a related field
- Charter Financial Analyst Accreditation (CFA) or currently working towards the CFA
- Solid understanding of Fixed Income
- Outstanding analytical skills, both quantitative and qualitative
- Experience with market data services (Bloomberg, Barclays POINT etc.)
- Advanced Excel skills
- Able to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, responsible, with excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience in communicating investment matters
- Strong interpersonal and people management skills
- Capable of building and maintaining strong relationships with Portfolio Managers, Portfolio Specialists, Distribution Associates, and other internal partners
- Working knowledge of Institutional and Intermediary Investors
- Charter Financial Analyst Accreditation (CFA)
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.