Networking Specialist Solutions Architect
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a Solutions Architect with network technology skills to provide deep knowledge and innovative leadership to our customers. This position is for a highly technical Subject Matter Expert that can dive deep, work with customers, and work with internal teams to design next generation cloud and hybrid IT architectures. Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Do you enjoy innovating? Do you want to influence industry? Do you find it rewarding to educate colleagues and customers? Do you want to learn the very latest in cloud technologies and apply them to some of the most interesting computing workloads in the world? If so, AWS is looking for you!
Amazon aims to be the most customer centric company on earth. Amazon Web Services (AWS) provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers critical applications for hundreds of thousands of businesses in 190 countries around the world. At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. The successful candidate will get the opportunity to work with a wide array of AWS solution architects and specialists, as well as being brought in as the solutions expert to meet with customers and partners.
Candidates should be knowledgeable in traditional local- and wide-area network technologies, network overlay/virtualization technologies, and software defined network design patterns. Experience working with customers is required to demonstrate and explain solutions. Customer meetings may include customer roles across developers, IT professionals, managers, and executives. Previous AWS experience is preferred but not required. The ideal candidate is as comfortable white-boarding complex network architectures as implementing complex network configuration.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We have 14 leadership principles that help guide us in our every-day decision making process. We believe they are a clearer articulation of those things that have always been a part of what makes Amazon great - things that we must consciously hold on to in fulfilling our mission to be Earth's Most Customer Centric Company. We are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy and happy lives. Learn more about life at Amazon. It is always Day One.
Here are some other qualities we are looking for:
Be great fun to work with. At AWS, we have a credo of "Work hard. Have fun. Make history". In this role, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun, while maintaining a work-life balance. We look for leaders who are creative and who are willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact for their team, for our customers and for the company.
Enjoy developing technical talent to achieve great things. You will have a passion for educating, training, and enabling cloud computing experts for a diverse and challenging set of Enterprise customers.
Have a strong understanding of solutions innovation. The ideal candidate will have past experience working as a Solutions Architect, technical pre-sales, or a similar role and experience managing a team of a Solutions Architects. You will have an ability to grow your leadership skills as well as diving deep into various hands-on solutions while developing new skills, so you can make strong contributions in architecture transformation discussions.
How You'll Grow At Amazon, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn and develop your career. We offer opportunities to help sharpen your skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 10+ years of experience architecting and implementing enterprise-scale networks
• 5+ years experience with network virtualization and/or software defined networks
• 5+ years of highly technical and analytical IT experience
• Deep knowledge of IPv4 and IPv6 protocols and standards
• Deep knowledge of layer 2 technologies, including MPLS and Ethernet
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Experience speaking publicly in front of large audiences
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• An advanced degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or related discipline
• Practical experience with computer network security
• Experience with large-scale, distributed applications
• Experience in a customer-facing, sales-aligned role such as consultant, solutions engineer or solutions architect
• Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups.
• AWS Certification, eg. AWS Solutions Architect Associate
• Understanding of application, server, and network security is highly desired.