Middleware Analyst Developer
Overview of role
The ideal candidate will have a mixture of analysis and development expertise within a financial sector environment. The role will involve:
• Development of new integration functionality
• Maintenance, enhancement and support of existing functionality
• Turning functional requirements into technical solutions
• Analysis and data modelling
• Maintaining effective internal client relationships
• Delivering solutions on time and of a high quality
• Websphere MQ ( development and some administration )
• Websphere Message Broker / IIB
• Experience of Unix including shell scripting
• XML and XSLT
• IBM Tivoli (Maestro) and/or Automic UC4 scheduler
• Web Services
• Strong record and experience of delivery, on time, to budget
• Excellent communication skills
• A desire to develop technical skills and an appetite for best practice
• Ability to engage with clients/analysts as well as develop directly from requirements.
• Ability to manage client expectations and convey complex requirements in a clear and concise fashion.
• Ability to work with other developers to identify overlapping or conflicting requirements.
• Ability to be proactive and know when it is appropriate to push back to ensure project objectives, scope and timelines are achieved.
• Oracle (datapump) / MS SQL (SSIS, SSRS, SSAS) database experience
• Experience of SQL Server
• Knowledge of .NET
• Knowledge of Java
• Knowledge of source control tools (TFS, Serena Dimension, Microsoft VSS, Subversion/Tortoise)
• Demonstrable delivery in both a waterfall and agile environment.