Manager, Data Licensing and Policy
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Data Licensing and Policy Manager is part of a team at the heart of building growth in the CME's Data Services business. The role is responsible for the creation, development, execution and management of CME's market data policies and initiatives. Working with the wider commercial function in CME (CD&S, BLM etc.), the Manager, Data Licensing and Policy will modify, create and review policies and initiatives designed to stimulate growth in specific client segments and territories.
This position requires a keen understanding of the global market data industry, including market data policies, business models and pricing, as well as a solid grounding in the wider CME objectives to expand our client base, client commitment and channels to market.
The role will require a strong balance of commercial outlook and operational expertise to provide the most optimum platform for growth with minimal risk. The successful candidate will have clear ideas about growth opportunities for data and recognise how well-defined policies can create a path to access those opportunities. Responsibilities:
• Ensure a deep understanding of customers' use and interaction with CME market data (both Futures and Options, and our Cash markets) to create and implement commercial programs and initiatives which stimulate wider interest in CME markets in the short-term, leading to stronger data revenues in the long-term.
• Proactively identify further opportunities for CME to increase its channels of distribution.
• Ensure there is accountability for all programs and initiatives and that business goals are met.
• Manage and regularly review key commercial policies and initiatives.
• Develop a deep understanding of CME's core market data licensing agreements, programs and policies.
• Develop a deep understanding of other Information Sources' market data licensing agreements, programs and policies. Experience and qualifications:
• Experience in the market data business with a focus on market data licensing models, policy definition and pricing.
• Experience of OTC and/or Cash markets data
• Strong interest in IP protection and commercialization of data
• Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Strong Excel skills
• Undergraduate university degree, preferably in Business or Finance.
• FISD - Financial Information Associate qualification is desirable