Legal Entity Control, Manager
We have a great opportunity for a Manager to join the EMEA Legal Entity Control team in our London office. The EMEA Legal Entity Contol team in London assists in the control and governance of high risk EMEA regulated entities and branches, including driving improvement in the quality of information provided to internal and external stakeholders. You will join a talented team that has a deep understanding of the regulated entities that sit within EMEA and covers broad responsibilities including, legal entity monitoring as well as control and assurance. They are also a key regional point of contact for wider EMEA Legal Entity Control matters where appropriate.
As a manager in the Legal Entity Control team, you will play a key role in the overall management of legal entity's life cycle. You will have a solid understanding of the businesses operating within the Legal Entity.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- ensure a strong business understanding and use it to provide context to accounting and financial matters
- regular compliance activities which form part of ongoing monitoring and control, monthly financial review of entity balances, supporting preparation of financial reports for Board Meetings and meetings with regulators
- detailed understanding of the balance sheet and its underlying transactions
- analytical assessment and challenge of the regulated entity P&L based upon the balance sheet and market drivers
- understanding IFRS based financial and statutory reporting, including support of board reporting, and audited financial statements
- engagement with business teams and other internal and external stakeholders (Auditors, Directors) and well demonstrated communication and presentation skills; along with the ability to independently deal with and resolve issues with appropriate escalation
- close partnering with Financial Control teams based in London, Jacksonville, Gurugram and Sydney to bring together end to end understanding of the various booking models and tax transfer pricing arrangements affecting the entities
- linkage with the Regulatory and Statistical Reporting teams in London, Dublin, and Jacksonville to support them with their regulatory reporting
- review of the financial performance of the entity on a regular basis (especially during the year end process) and presenting to the senior leaders in the finance and tax team
- reviewing and improving processes, controls and systems that impact the financial information related to legal entities
- identify and proactively resolve issues that could result in financial misstatements and classification errors
- undertaking and delivering projects, improvement initiatives and standardization approaches
- taking responsibility and ownership over the work performed within the team, ensuring adherence to the timetable and work plan and maintaining high quality deliverables.
You will hold a postgraduate or professional accounting qualification, preferably CPA as well as the following:
- 5 plus years relevant post qualification experience with a strong focus on the technical, specialist skills mentioned above
- prior experience in Audit, Financial Reporting, Financial Control, Regulatory Reporting and IFRS exposure is a key preference.
In addition to the above you will be a team player who can work in a methodical manner and accept accountability and ownership of tasks; demonstrate established competency in planning and organizing; you need to be a well-organized self-starter who can manage a range of competing priorities and projects; and have strong attention to detail and be able to identify issues. You will also be expected to prioritize competing demands and manage stakeholder expectations as well as build relationships with peers in other functions and locations.
If you are ready to put your skills to work, apply today! About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.