Analysts will be expected to become proficient in sourcing, analysing and valuing UK and international forestry assets. They will understand the asset management process for a forest or new planting scheme, how to value that forest on an on-going basis and most importantly how to communicate the operational and value updates to investors in an efficient and accurate manner.
A specialist alternative asset manager providing funds, direct investments and tailored investment solutions, including co-investment across a range of highly differentiated alternative investment strategies.
Support the forestry investment team through:
- Analysis of financial statements, preparing and updating financial models and projections.
- Due diligence of acquisition materials and help in checking and forming transaction documents.
- Helping integrate new acquisitions into the asset management process.
- Comprehensive research and analysis of background materials, market information and financial data.
- Preparation of terms of reference and internal approval documentation.
- Preparing draft correspondence, presentations, and following up on internal emails.
- Intra team communication and resource management.
- Knowledge and interest in forestry, carbon sequestration and sustainable investing.
- 1-3 years experience of investment analysis, acquisition, transactional, due diligence experience in real estate, forestry, infrastructure or a related field, ideally with an Investment / Asset Management / Private Equity firm in a similar position.
- Bachelor's degree or Masters in Finance / Real Estate.
- Working towards a financial qualification, preferably CFA.
- Strong quantitative and numerical skills with the ability to interpret financial information, accounts and understanding of accounting principles.
- Computer literacy and proficient with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel and able to create and use financial models.
- Strong English written and oral communication skills, able to prepare presentations and research documents quickly and intuitively.
- Ability to work effectively as a team member and to deadlines and under time pressure.
The role will be to assist the Chief Investment Officer and Investment Manager in the acquisition and asset management of commercial and carbon forestry assets both in the UK and internationally, together with supporting activity across the forestry division during a carefully managed induction and training phase. The role will come with a competitive salary, bonus + benefits.