- Permanent, Full time
- Schroders Investment Management
- 16 Apr 18
- London, England, United Kingdom
- Base + Bonus + Benefits
- Full time
IT Service Manager (ITSM)
As part of the IT Service Management team, the IT Service Manager will me involved in major incident management, risk and audit adherence, restoration of critical global systems whilst focused on using ServiceNow.
IT at Schroders is not just about technology; it's about problem solving using cutting edge technology to support the business and deliver high end solutions. We encourage innovation and value excellence. We are a global function that's managed locally and this allows us to develop and deploy systems and processes across our international offices. To learn how we've grown, explore our interactive timeline to see how we’ve been shaping financial futures since our very beginnings.
Schroders Global Technology (GT) function is organised into a number of teams, distributed across Schroders' global offices, with technology hubs in London, Luxembourg, Singapore and New York. This role resides within the Global Service management team under Global infrastructure based in London.
We also recognise that successfully balancing personal and professional commitments brings out the best in our teams and therefore all roles in Global Technology are reviewed for suitability for flexible working arrangements, with this specific opportunity available to applicants from 3 to 5 days per week. We passionately believe that individual performance is enhanced by embracing the whole individual and structuring a working environment that supports them.
Working as part of the Global IT Service Management team, the Service Manager's role is to ensure IT service excellence is delivered to our business. The Service Manager would be expected to be an advocate and involved in all aspects of the ITIL discipline with adoption of Agile methodology.
The successful candidate would be expected to demonstrate strong process adherence, a commitment to process optimisation and show an ability to deal with ambiguity in high pressure situations.
In the event of an outage, the Service Manager would coordinate the restoration of critical services as quickly as possible with minimal business disruption while maintaining open channels of communication.
As this role has responsibility for the restoration of global IT systems, some non-standard working hours should be expected on occasion.
Risk management and audit adherence will feature heavily in this role and the candidate would be expected to identify, highlight and manage risk resolution and mitigation activities as appropriate. To support this and enable decision making, the individual would be required to create and present service metrics and other management information to highlight areas of importance and the current status of IT environment.
To be successful within the role, the individual will be required to manage and work in close collaboration with several third party vendors to achieve service excellence. This will require the individual to ensure consistent process across vendors, SLA compliance and to undertake service escalations as appropriate. Service manager will need to embrace SIAM way of working as this will feature strongly in future deliveries.
As part of the Global IT Service Management team, the IT Service Manager will be expected to support other members of the Global team (i.e., Service Integration, Change, Capacity and Problem Management) and be able to respond to user escalations; therefore, a flexible approach to working is most definitely required.
Focused on Schroders Service Management Tool ServiceNow, the candidate will be expected to assist with designing, delivering, managing and maintaining the toolset with consideration to the Service Design wrapper. The candidate should be user experience focused and find opportunities to delight customer experience.
• Responsible for the delivery of Business as Usual (BAU) IT service to user base
• In partnership with global counterparts, own and maintain standardisation of several ITIL processes
• Respond to both IT service and user escalations in a timely manner; ensure a swift resolution / conclusion
• Adhere to industry standard IT risk management principles to identify and manage appropriate IT risks; ensure timely resolution or strong mitigation mechanism is employed
• Become an advocate for Continual Service Improvement (CSI) and evolve the service to enhance IT service excellence
• Involvement with the Service Integration processes to ensure seamless transition of products from Project into BAU IT Service, with consideration to service design
• Design and produce Management Information, including dashboards, KPI reports and service performance metrics, to illustrate service performance and support senior decision making.
• Involvement with Asset Management (Hardware and Software)
General and Technical Skills:
• Strong knowledge of ITIL and Service Management methodologies
• Strong communication skills (both written and verbal)
• Familiar with operating as a member of a virtual team in a matrix managed environment.
• Experience of ServiceNow toolset
• Service integration experience including Service Design exposure (process designs)
• Technical experience of one or more operational monitoring toolsets, preferably gained via implementation
• Have a demonstrable track record of working within an IT support environment working experience of performing an operational management role
• Experience in designing and/or defining infrastructure 'services' in a financial services company.
• Agile methodology / Scrum working experience
• Have a demonstrable track record of working within an Investment / Asset Management firm or a suitable Financial Services environment
• Exposure to a broad range of infrastructure and application technologies in particular Wintel, SQL Server, Networking and Storage technologies
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Inter-personal skills; tact, patience, courtesy, good listening skills
• Excellent time management and prioritisation skills with a pro-active approach to tasks
• Ability to operate under pressure, in a logical manner enabling consistent delivery to demanding deadlines
• Ability to deal credibly with business and technical users at all levels of the organisation
• Strong communication skills and a consultative approach coupled with a "can-do"attitude
• Team player with experience working in a matrix managed environment.
• 5 years’ minimum related experience within the financial services industry (Asset Management or Investment Banking).
• Prior IT Service Management experience; major incident management, large vendor management and business continuity/disaster recovery experience is advantageous.
• Practical experience of working with the ITIL service lifecycle framework, specifically Service Design, Service Transition, Service Operations and Continual Service Improvement.
• Ability to develop positive working relationships and strong rapport with support staff as well as senior leadership (both business and technical users), and ability to influence decision making.
• Flexible and able to adjust priorities quickly.
• High-level of personal initiative; able to work independently as well as collaborate in teams.
• Excellent planning, organizational and analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
• Proven ability to manage customer perception through addressing issues and implementing s
• Experience of working with suppliers within the bounds of a service contract.
• Previous experience of ServiceNow desired.
• Have a flexible approach to working hours as evening/escalated on-call work may be required over weekends, and some extended hours may be required to participate in calls with regions outside of the UK
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.