To contribute to the financial success of the organisation through the generation of new business and the retention of the existing business. Responsible for promoting the brand and consultatively selling the company’s unique investment solutions, through top Financial Advisers/ wealth managers and other intermediaries. Travelling and presenting, this hybrid position will also involve meeting clients and presenting the Investment Solutions. Building and developing productive relationships with key intermediaries in the region, presenting new sales ideas and campaigns to forge long term businesses partnerships. Also working with product development and investment management teams to provide innovative investment solutions for clients.
Hybrid BDM / Investment Sales / Fund Sales / Wholesale Distribution / Wealth Managers / Strategic Partnerships / Private Banks / IFAs
- Develop a thorough understanding of the investment products and the group
- Assume responsibility for and build relationships with high end IFAs, wealth managers and market influencers in a specific territory in the UK with the ability to travel and manage forward diary planning
- Making outbound telephone calls to cultivate existing and establish new profitable relationships with intermediaries to ensure that we can grow our business by providing them with investment solutions that meet their client’s requirements.
- Being responsible for specific sales targets for the assigned region.
- Promoting the investment Solutions over the phone and face to face where necessary.
- Plan, book and perform your own 1:1 meeting with clients.
- Be an ambassador for the copmany at industry and networking events, conferences and seminars in the local region and potentially the UK if needed.
- Work closely with both the internal and external business development teams to share best practice and campaign plans.
- Assist with the development of the Internal Business Development team
- Negotiate pricing and business terms for any bespoke investment enquiries.
- Effective presentation of the product offering to intermediaries and potential investors. Intermediaries will include financial advisers, private banks, tax advisors, accountants and lawyers.
- Act as client relationship manager for existing and new clients, liaising with their advisers where necessary, providing excellent levels of customer service
- To be an integral part of the sales and marketing team and work with the wider group to successfully take investment opportunities to the market through successful collaboration with peers.
- Update client information on the CRM (salesforce) to make sure they are up to date.
- Be an integral part of the wider team to help on wider sales tasks where needed.
- Provide input and help develop strategic marketing activities
- Provide investor and intermediary feedback to product development and investment management teams and assist with our continuous product improvement and development of new products and business opportunities
Knowledge and Experience
- A proven track record in building and servicing a client base of IFAs, in the private banking, wealth management or investment management sectors.
- Experience selling complex solutions over the phone into the IFA market.
- Proven ability to schedule and run and busy diary.
- Ability and credentials to be the face of the company in this marketplace, reinforcing our professional and intellectual credentials.
- Proven ability to hit weekly activity phone based KPI’s.
- Excellent track record in maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels in the marketplace.
- Ability to understand complex investment products and understand their tax implications for investors, and to present them clearly both over the phone and face to face.
- Confident and strong communicator and presenter to individuals as well as larger groups.
- Experience working within a wider team to create ideas and campaigns.
- Commercial flair and creativity