Reporting directly to Managing Director, duties will include:
• Responsibility and oversight of corporate compliance, trade compliance, quality assurance and HSE.
• Ensure that the business meets all Trade and Import/Export compliance for the freight forwarding industry.
• Development and management of the Annual Risk Based Audit Plan to satisfy compliance against all relevant Regulatory and Industry Standards.
• Oversight of regulatory filings to government bodies (i.e. HMRC, Census Bureau, AES)
• Perform internal audits on HSE, quality and QMS and monitor and report breaches
• Identification, assessment, and prioritization of risks (defined in ISO 31000) as the effect of uncertainty on objectives).
• Develop the Group QMS and complete the final stages of UKAS accreditation.
• Documentation of policy and key procedures.
• Responsibility and oversight for ISO accreditation across the Group.
• Provide training directly or indirectly to up skill staff on regulatory compliance (re export licenses, permits, certifications etc)
The successful candidate will be of graduate calibre and must have gained significant Global Trade Compliance experience with an understanding of global freight forwarding. Whilst awareness of ISO 9001 and AS9100 would be advantageous, more important will be your detailed knowledge of AEO, Union Customs Code, and Customs IT Systems.
This role will be one of influence, responsibility, integrity and leadership as such you will need not only to have the seniority and gravitas to be effective across all of these but also have demonstrated experience of upholding these values and being successful as a leader in the compliance and/or quality assurance fields.
If this role sounds like it will offer you the career opportunity and challenge that you are looking for in your next role and you feel you have the necessary skills and values to be successful, then for further information or a confidential no obligation discussion, please contact Gary Collins on 020 7562 7400 or send your details to email@example.com
We are acting as an employment agency in relation to this role.
Through application, all candidates signify their acceptance of the above information and confirm that the information they provide is true and accurate to the best of their knowledge.