Stifel Europe is a full-service, middle market investment bank that offers a full range of bulge bracket financial services to middle market clients. Stifel’s operations in Europe are headquarterd in London and Frankfurt, with offices in France, Germany, Switzerland, Italy and Spain. We employ over 400 debt and equity professionals in key European markets.
We are looking for a junior Research Analyst to join our Research team in London to work on coverage for the European Construction & Building Materials sector. This position offers the opportunity to develop a professional career in an international environment with flat hierarchies and extensive exposure to experienced senior professionals.
Role and responsibilities:
- Full-time equity research (sell-side) analyst position covering the European Construction & Building Materials sector
- Experienced senior analyst as mentor
- Building and maintaining financial models
- Analysis of company reports and industry trends; drafting research reports and presentations
- Interacting with companies under coverage, interpretation of company commentary
- Communication with internal Sales department
- Entrepreneurial environment with scope to progress to primary analyst role in due course
Skills and Experience required:
- Completed university degree (Bachelor or Master) and understanding of financial markets
- Accountancy knowledge and ability to model company accounts is essential. Knowledge of the Construction & Building Materials industry an advantage.
- Strong quantitative & analytical skills
- Solid knowledge of MS Office programmes (in particular Excel)
- High attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines
- Fluent written and spoken English. Additional knowledge of German or French would be an advantage