ESG Marketing Manager
A career at T. Rowe Price says you want to contribute and make a difference at a leading global investment management firm where success results from the dedication our associates have in building success for our clients. We are a growing organization of associates from diverse backgrounds, experiences, and perspectives. We take a long-term view on associates and their careers. Our associates do phenomenal work with purpose, and as a result, we provide growth opportunities through in-person and online training, management development programs, and career development on the job. If you are seeking a meaningful work experience along with a workplace culture that thrives on teamwork, we invite you to explore the opportunity to join us. POSITION PURPOSE:
We are looking for an exceptional financial services marketing manager for EMEA. This person will deliver our ESG marketing and communications plans into EMEA with the primary objective of building greater awareness of our ESG capabilities and products both internally and externally (with clients and prospective clients).
This newly created role will work closely with, and report to, the T. Rowe Price Head of ESG Marketing and Communications who is also based in London, and will offer the successful candidate a unique opportunity to actively grow our organization's sustainability efforts. As a result, we would expect to see clear evidence of a candidate's interest in ESG issues, alongside their strong marketing credentials.
The 5 keys focus areas for this role are:
- Deliver and help develop the ESG Marketing and Communications plan for EMEA
- Measure and track activity (feeding into ESG marketing reporting efforts globally)
- Partner with channel marketers in EMEA to help further develop and oversee local market ESG marketing and communications activity and ensure consistency of message
- Manage regular updates to core firmwide ESG materials suite: e.g policies, capabilities brochures, slides
- A SME for ESG within EMEA distribution
This role requires the skills of a creative, flexible and highly-motivated and experienced marketer with a high degree of attention to detail, strong organizational skills and a focus on meeting delivery deadlines. The successful candidate will be required to work across the promotional mix and with multiple stakeholders across and outside the organisation, including the wider marketing team, investment writers, compliance, relationship managers, investment and research teams, and external agencies. Principal Responsibilities: MARKETING AND COMMUNICATIONS:
- Work with the Head of ESG Marketing and Communications to develop the annual ESG Marketing & Communications plan for EMEA.
- Lead ESG Marketing campaigns for the EMEA region.
- Manage appropriate resources in the creation, compliance review, production and dissemination of agreed ESG marketing and communications output. Output could include, but is not limited to, marketing brochures, videos, presentation decks, policy documents, webinars, paid media, content, email promotions and e-newsletters.
- Own the management / delivery of quality proprietary and third-party ESG events for EMEA including marketing collateral, giveaways and metrics, working with our events team as appropriate.
- Monitor T. Rowe Price ESG websites (EMEA and Corporate) to ensure opportunities are maximised and materials and content remain up to date.
- Measure and report on the success of activities undertaken
- Partner with EMEA channel marketers based across the region to ensure ESG messaging is consistently applied to local marketing materials / promotions
- Proactively highlight opportunities for EMEA channel marketers to promote ESG
- Manage creation and delivery of quarterly 'ESG marketing' update emails for EMEA distribution and share with other dedicated regional ESG marketers to demonstrate best practice and create efficiencies and consistency.
- Work with the ESG Marketing and Communications lead and our EMEA research team to deliver an ongoing ESG competitor review for EMEA.
- Partner with Investment Training & Education to deliver an ongoing Education program for associates in EMEA on ESG.
FINANCE PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES / SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
- Represent EMEA within the ESG Communications workstream and ESG Digital Workstream
- Act as an escalation point for EMEA distribution associates on ESG-related questions as required and seek to build closer relationships with EMEA RMs.
- Solid performance record at management level in financial services marketing, ideally with an asset manager.
- Demonstrable interest in / experience of ESG issues
- Intellectual curiosity and desire to learn about current trends relating to ESG, particularly in the institutional and intermediary marketplaces in EMEA
- A self-starter who can take initiative and ownership
- Ability to prioritize and juggle multiple projects from inception to delivery
- Detail oriented and deadline focused with strong organisational skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- A collaborative team player
- Educated to degree level
- Exceptional internal stakeholder management experience
- Experience in managing budgets
- European language skills would be benefical - particularly German or Italian
- Candidates who are used to working in a culture that is:
- Highly collaborative, matrixed, and international
T. Rowe Price is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity of thought, gender, and race. We believe our continued success depends upon the equal treatment of all associates and applicants for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, colour, national origin, sex, gender, age, mental or physical disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, citizenship status, military or veteran status, pregnancy, or any other classification protected by country, federal, state, or local law.