An excellent opportunity to join an established Asset Management business. This opportunity involves joining a dynamic, growing ESG team within a fast-paced environment. My client is currently recruiting for an ESG Client Servicing Specialist to support development of its Sustainable Investment and ESG team.
The individual will be responsible for helping to develop my client’s suite of ESG reporting collateral and will play an important part of the firm’s continued commitment to excellence in all aspects of client servicing. The individual will draw on a strong knowledge of the regulatory landscape related to ESG reporting and will recognise that clear and transparent reporting provides an opportunity for asset managers to differentiate themselves against peers.
As well as being responsible for co-ordinating the firm’s efforts related to ESG reporting, the individual will also provide expert information and advice on ESG data to key internal constituents as well as supporting sales and relationship management teams with ESG-related enquiries. The role would also have responsibilities for developing and maintaining some ESG related marketing collateral and assisting with materials for client meetings.
This is an exciting opportunity to work in a small dedicated team within a large global organisation. We expect to see significant growth in this area of our business and this role will be central to raising the profile of the firm’s ESG capabilities internally and externally with clients. The position requires an individual with a passion for ESG and sustainable investing. The individual should be adept at organizing, manipulating and interpreting ESG datasets as well as having strong writing, presentation and project management skills.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the following:
- Build and develop templates for automated ESG client reporting, drawing on strong project management and data management skills.
- Build solid working relationships across internal teams and business functions including technology, marketing, risk, sales and relationship management teams to identify and clearly articulate reporting requirements related to ESG and sustainable investing;
- Work with marketing teams on the development and maintenance of ESG related marketing collateral in line with the firm’s overall agreed ESG strategy
- Review strategy presentations alongside Client Portfolio Managers, to reflect and incorporate ESG data and information that reflects the strategy’s ESG KPIs and portfolio level objectives.
- Provide quantitative and qualitive inputs to and help coordinate the development and production of their Annual Sustainable Investment Report in collaboration with the businesses marketing team.
- Work closely with the global Marketing teams to provide support and input into RFP/DDQ responses and to maintain and develop such materials;
- Identify opportunities to promote the business through various channels, including social media, industry conferences and other events.
- Identify opportunities to take ownership and responsibility for other projects/activities that contribute to the success of the firm’s ESG capabilities
Key Skills and Experience:
- At least five years of professional experience in a relevant asset management, client servicing or investment marketing role;
- Demonstrated knowledge of ESG and Sustainability and working technical proficiency/command of investment management concepts;
- Excellent and proven project management skills with the ability to work collaboratively with different internal stakeholders in order to deliver the best outcomes for clients/the firm’s reporting capabilities.
- Knowledge of ESG reporting standards including TCFD, SASB, the EU Sustainable Finance Directive and the revised UK Stewardship Code preferable.
- Skilled in organizing, manipulating and interpreting ESG datasets
- Excellent knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and ability to use/develop internal reporting templates and software
- Strong writing skills, with proof of success
- Self-motivated, entrepreneurial individual with the ambition to succeed in and work collaboratively in an environment that demands constant multi-tasking and liaison across regional offices, investment platforms and time-zones.
- Pro-active attitude and approach to work that can help the team identify opportunities to do things better/differently in order to optimize the team’s success.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, with the ability to build and maintain trusted relationships across all levels and represent the business positively to external contacts;
- Accountability and willingness to take initiative to independently learn and continuously improve output