Director, EMEA Securitized Transactions
About this role
BlackRock's Fundamental Fixed Income (FFI) business manages more than $1 trillion in global fixed income assets across index, actively managed, alternative, and liability driven investment strategies. The platform offers fixed income investors one of the industry's broadest array of investment solutions across model-based and fundamental investment styles.
Within FFI, the Securitized Assets team is composed of 20-25 seasoned investment professionals managing more than $80bn in AUM across the spectrum of Residential, Commercial and Consumer-backed securities. As the platform seeks to broaden its opportunity set, the team plans to expand into the European Residential/Consumer/Commercial Real Estate (CRE) markets to uncover attractive risk-adjusted investment opportunities in private financing, lending opportunities, and opportunistic situations.
BlackRock is seeking a Director level candidate who has deep-routed knowledge of either the Residential and Consumer market or CRE landscape and possesses the insights and experience to source, evaluate and underwrite bespoke investment opportunities. This candidate will work closely with the New York and London-based securitized assets team, including analysts, traders and portfolio managers, and will bring to the position a successful track record in European Residential/Consumer or CRE investments along with long-standing relationships with various European market participants, such as issuers, sponsors and institutional syndication desks. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Lead sourcing and underwriting efforts for a bespoke investment opportunity set in Europe to strategically grow exposure to the Residential, Consumer or CRE sectors.
- Perform comprehensive credit analysis, evaluating full capital structures, including conducting loan loss analysis and onsite due diligence, to identify relative value opportunities across the spectrum of the asset class.
- Track issuer and industry trends and maintain frequent interaction with lending partners and/or utilize developed relationships to build and maintain a pipeline of opportunities.
- Identify attractive risk-adjusted investment opportunities for various separate and comingled client mandates.
- Develop and present materials on market perspectives and resultant investment thesis to members of the internal credit committee and contribute to the discussion of relative value decisions for the firm's securitized platform.
- Work extensively with internal/external lawyers, accountants and servicers to analyse and structure complex deal documents for financing or other bespoke trades.
- Present updates on changes in the regulatory landscape and evolving market opportunities to clients, as well as US and European PMs, and others throughout the fixed income platform.
- 10+ years of experience in structuring and analysing Residential / Consumer and/or Commercial Real Estate credit opportunities.
- Deep knowledge of the Europe ABS market and regulatory landscape to be able to underwrite collateral.
- Preference (but not mandatory) that candidate has existing relationships for sourcing opportunities.
- Self-motivated and ability to lead a business interfacing with counterparts in the US.
- Ability and willingness to travel frequently as required to build relationships with issuers and pursue underwrite opportunities in Europe.
- Comfortable working within a disciplined investment process using both quantitative and qualitative tools.
- Superior analytical, structuring and financial modelling skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills essential for both internal discussions and capital raising efforts.
- Minimum of Bachelor-level degree with outstanding academic record.
- Proficient in Intex, Excel, and PowerPoint.
This is role is within the scope of the Senior Manager and Certification Regime(SMCR).
Key Regulatory Obligations
The successful candidate will be subject to both the Individual Conduct Rules and the Fitness and Propriety Rules of the FCA. As long as they remain a Certified Person it is their responsibility to continue to meet the required standards of fitness and propriety for their role. Our benefits
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law. BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.