Corporate Actions Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world's largest independent investment management firms. With over US$1 trillion in assets under management as of 30 Sept 2019, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 60 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative, and inclusive culture because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
The Corporate Actions team is a part of the Portfolio Administration Team within Portfolio Services. Portfolio Services provides each of Wellington's investment teams with the data, controls, and support they need to ensure that their investment intent is accurately reflected in accordance with client regulatory and operational requirements. Other teams within Portfolio Services include Portfolio Implementation, Portfolio Administration, Portfolio Data and Portfolio Integrity.
The Corporate Actions Analyst is responsible for the day-to-day activities associated with managing and processing of all corporate events. The Analyst will work in a team setting and communicate regularly with other groups within Portfolio Services, and across the firm globally, including Trading, Portfolio Management, Legal, Performance, Derivative Operations, Private Equity, and Global Relationship Management. They will also serve as a resource to junior members of the team for market and event knowledge, escalations, and guidance.
- Work closely with Wellington's corporate action service providers, custodians, and internal clients to develop and improve sound workflows
- Support Portfolio Management teams by providing analysis and understanding of complex voluntary events
- Execute daily processing/validation procedures while ensuring the integrity and consistency of global corporate action data across multiple platforms, and in alignment with market practice
- Research and resolve in-conflict action details, communicate voluntary instructions, and confirm client entitlements
- Identify and implement process improvements and system enhancements that increase efficiencies and/or reduce risk for the team and/or the firm
- Work with internal and external groups to resolve complex action issues
- Represent Corporate Actions at interdepartmental and external meetings.
The successful candidate for this position is likely to:
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Highly knowledgeable of the life cycle of global corporate action events across all asset classes and products.
- Specific market and/or tax withholding knowledge a plus
- Experience reviewing Market/Company offering documents to interpret and communicate event details correctly and concisely to the firm
- Experience working with vendor products and technology
- Able to effectively operate in a fast-paced work environment while managing risk, deadlines, and ambiguities; Analytical in approach to issue resolution
- Customer Service competency with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a passion for intellectual curiosity, problem solving and continuous learning.
Corporate Actions Analyst LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .