* This is a 1 year Fixed Term Contract *
The Content Strategy & Product Marketer for Global and the DACH region (Germany, Austria and Switzerland) will be responsible for developing, delivering and distributing some of the product content for AXA IM Core product priorities, to help drive sales into key growth areas and/or to maintain/defend AXA IM’s market position. This role will require a high level of interaction and close teamwork with business partners and investment platforms to develop and maintain high-quality, first class level content and the ability to translate complex topics into compelling and simple messages delivered in a visually differentiated way. Focus of the role will be on both the content specifically required for the DACH region and also global needs.
• Be fully responsible for developing and implementing the content strategy for the DACH region, working closely with the local marketing and sales teams. This will include defining the overall objectives, key target audiences, key topics to focus on and key measures for success. This will also involve full responsibility for delivering the content required, including email marketing programmes, across markets, education and products/capabilities and getting the content signed off by the local compliance team.
• Take full responsibility for driving, developing and implementing some of the content toolkit for AXA IM Core for specific sales campaigns, aligned to business priorities, working closely with Client Group, product specialists and sales to deliver the content menu required and any additional items. This will include developing the messaging framework and proposition for key products/franchises working closely with sales, PSUs and the global segment team as well as ensuring agreed messaging is reflected across all marketing elements and coordinating internal sales training in conjunction with Client Group.
• Work in partnership with the global and local marketing managers to develop and deliver the required product content for specific strategic and tactical campaigns, aligned to focus/defence product priorities. It is critical for this role to fully understand key client needs/business objectives and make proactive strategic recommendations for client materials.
• Timely delivery of all product content and collateral required. Working closely with product specialists and sales, and using freelance writers when required – scope of content: insights and markets articles, thought leadership, pitch-book presentations, prospecting materials, sales ideas, web content, video content and email content. This will involve managing/coordinating the whole production process, working closely with our internal design team and also compliance.
• Generate ideas and deliver new and innovative ways of promoting AXA IM, our capabilities and products to clients specially refreshing the why now stories to help sales find new angles to open doors to sell products or to retain and defend.
• Work closely with other content functions across the business, including corporate messaging and content strategy & editorial team to formulate our overall content strategy and content pipeline.
• Ensure that material complies with corporate standards, that it effectively communicates desired messages and meets project deadlines/specifications.
• Share/leverage best practices across countries, avoiding duplication of efforts and initiatives and create a high degree of consistency.
• Maintain and develop strong relationships with the sales teams, portfolio managers, product specialists, operations, corporate communications, local marketing, compliance and other business functions as appropriate.
• Be a proactive member of the global marketing community, actively participating and sharing best practices.
• Experience in journalism or business/investment writing (preferably within the financial services industry or asset management environment).
• Experience in writing for social, digital and familiarity with SEO techniques essential.
• Experience of operating within tight deadlines and delivering high quality written products.
• Experience in product marketing an advantage, ie experience in developing messaging, value propositions and product marketing content.
Skills and Knowledge
• Able to proactively come up with ideas for content as well as take direction when content is not originated by the candidate.
• Strong research and analytical capabilities. Proficiency with statistical information, ability to interpret data and use it to provide evidence in support of written statements.
• Excellent storytelling skills with the ability to present complex concepts in a clear and engaging way to different audiences (institutional, fund selectors, professional advisers and end investors), both written and graphically, ranging in knowledge and sophistication.
• Excellent writing and editing skills as well as a very strong understanding of financial markets, economics and investment products
• Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to easily build relationships with different teams (investment teams, product managers and other business partners) and to capture ideas and extract relevant and timely information.
• Able to work within a matrix organisation with numerous stakeholders.
• Ability to work effectively in a team – someone who is collaborative, flexible and adaptable, reliable with a strong ‘can do attitude’.
• Fluency in German an advantage.