Mid to Senior level Calypso developers needed in various locations across the globe! Want to get involved in the best Calypso projects on the market? Get in touch!
First Derivatives, is currently seeking experienced Mid level and Senior Calypso Developers /Technical Analysts to join our Global Capital Markets Consulting Business
Calypso is a cloud enabled, large-scale software product providing cross-asset solutions for trading, risk management, accounting and back office processing.
Successful candidates will be given the opportunity to work as part of a global practice (EMEA, North America, South Africa and APAC) on projects including Greenfield Calypso Implementations & Calypso v16 Upgrades.
Successful consultants will have the following skills, experience and qualifications:
- Must have at least 2 years of Calypso experience
- Must have at least 2 years of development experience in Java (Spring, Hibernate)
- Demonstrable experience of working across the full SDLC
- Previous Capital Markets experience (preferably cross asset product knowledge)
- Ability to design, develop and implement new features and modules in Calypso, as well as the ability to improve existing ones.
- Experienced in writing both unit and integration tests
- Excellent object-oriented analysis, design & development skills
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience with software tools such as Eclipse and SVN
- Ability to liaise with testing team and manage the testing lifecycle including defect management
- Experience working on upgrades and implementations would be advantageous, along with any exposure to Cloud Platforms such as AWS or Azure
- Strong academic background in business, finance, engineering, mathematics, science or technology