Drive organic business growth in the Nordics region by executing against agreed sales plans with energy and discipline.
Insight is a specialist asset manager at the forefront of designing and delivering investment solutions designed specifically to meet our clients’ evolving investment needs. Launched in 2002, we have grown to be one of the largest asset managers in the UK, winning industry recognition for our investment capabilities across liability driven investment, fixed income, specialist equities, multi asset and absolute return.
Innovation is key to the development of our investment capability and as leaders in our chosen areas of expertise we continue to look for opportunities to grow and develop our business across new client channels and countries. The key to our success is and will always be the high quality of our professionals combined with the partnerships we create with our clients.
As a leading asset manager Insight has £681.2bn in assets under management as at 31 March 2020.
Insight’s Distribution Division has four main functions:
- Business Development: The business development and sales strategy focuses on building relationships across institutional clients including pension funds, local authorities, insurance and sovereign wealth funds. We have teams focused on the UK, Europe, US, Australia and APAC region, as well as specialists who focus on particular client groups such as insurance and local authorities. The teams make sure our clients are kept abreast of new trends, ideas and our full range of capabilities.
- US Client Services: This area of the business aims to ensure our US-based investors get the service and support they need, adapting our solutions to their changing requirements. The team has specialists in all areas of the client experience including transition and reporting.
- Marketing: The Marketing Team focuses on two key areas:
- Communication: ensuring we have materials to share new ideas, trends and our range of products and services. This includes producing thought pieces, literature and white papers, events management, advertising and media relations.
- Strategic research: helping generate and develop new ideas to meet clients’ needs and capitalise on emerging macro trends.
- Product Development: This team works collaboratively across the business to identify and deliver new products using Insight’s new product development process, as well as managing our existing product range.
- Take overall responsibility for business development for the Nordics region
- Build new relationships and develop existing ones with appropriate prospective clients with the goal of delivering financial solutions to clients and new clients and revenue to the firm
- Execute the sales priorities and activities for the region including direct prospecting, conference attendance, roadshows and campaigns
- Manage the sales pipeline effectively including qualifying in, progressing and closing opportunities with discipline and rigour
- Play an active role in product and capability development for the region by articulating long term trends and product gaps to the investment teams
Knowledge, skills and behaviours required:
- Deep knowledge of the Nordics Institutional market, key dynamics, growth areas and macro trends
- Ability to access key decision makers at relevant asset owners, by providing valuable insights to them
- Well-developed sales skills which seamlessly combine knowledge of the markets, knowledge of the clients’ ecosystem and the ability to create demand in order to deliver value to clients and value to the firm
- Collaborative approach with a ‘we beats me’ philosophy to engaging with internal colleagues and stakeholders
- A will to win and an innate drive to take action in an increasingly competitive environment
Insight is committed to being an inclusive employer and encourages applications from all suitably qualified applicants irrespective of background, circumstances, age, disability, gender identity, ethnicity, religion or belief and sexual orientation.