Business Architect in London | NatWest Group Careers
Join us as a Business Architect
What you'll do
- This Business Architect role is a valuable opportunity to collaborate with a range of key business stakeholders, expanding your network across the bank
- You'll be defining the intentional architecture for the assigned scope, making sure that the business operating model best supports enterprise and its long-term strategy
- We'll look to you to cover motivation, process, organisation, location, business objects, business capabilities and relationships to produce the operating model
In this high-profile role, you'll define, create and maintain architecture models, roadmaps and outcomes, using architecture strategies to ensure alignment to adjacent and higher level models. You'll be analysing our business strategy and the wider business environment, identifying the capabilities that the architecture must provide and support over the long term, and translating these into business and customer outcomes. And, with exceptional communication skills, you'll gain agreement and buy-in among key stakeholders.
You'll also be:
The skills you'll need
- Defining and communicating the architecture's current, resultant and target states for the assigned scope
- Assessing portfolio and product backlogs, to maintain adherence to business strategies and architectures, influencing stakeholders and authorities when needed
- Using a broad and deep knowledge of financial services, other organisations and technology trends, raising opportunities and threats to encourage discussion and thinking for the future
- Researching, understanding and keeping up to date with industry thinking, best practice, technology and customer trends
- Managing the repository of business architecture models, roadmaps, standards and outcomes
- Leveraging Agile methodologies and collaborating between technical and business teams to design iterative improvements to the platform and achieve long-term outcomes
We're looking for someone with experience of defining architectures and roadmaps for complex enterprises, coupled with a background of working with business solution vendors, technology vendors and products within the market. You'll bring significant domain expertise in the banking industry and customer lifecyle, particularly CDD.
Additionally, you'll provide subject matter expertise on how to implement a solution on version 8 of the KYC or CLM Pega application, with 2-3 projects worth of experience in that role.We'll need you to have excellent communication skills with the ability to clearly communicate complex concepts with colleagues up to leadership level.
You'll also need:
- An understanding of industry architecture frameworks such as TOGAF and ArchiMate
- Knowledge of Agile P3M
- A good understanding of Agile and contemporary methodologies with experience of working in an Agile team
- Experience of defining, measuring and articulating business capabilities
- A background of developing, syndicating and communicating architectures, designs and proposals for action
- Good collaboration and stakeholder management skills
If you need any adjustments to support your application, such as information in alternative formats or special requirements to access our buildings, or if you're eligible under the Disability Confident Scheme please contact us and we'll do everything we can to help.