MUFG (Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group) is one of the world's leading financial groups. Headquartered in Tokyo and with approximately 350 years of history, MUFG is a global network with around 2,300 offices in over 50 countries including the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Africa, Asia and Oceania, and East Asia.. The group has over 150,000 employees, offering services including commercial banking, trust banking, securities, credit cards, consumer finance, asset management, and leasing.
As one of the top financial groups globally with a vision to be the world's most trusted, we want to attract, nurture and retain the most talented individuals in the market. The size and range of MUFG's global business creates opportunities for our employees to stretch themselves and reap the rewards, whilst our common values, to behave with integrity and responsibility, and to build a culture which is fair, transparent, and honest, underpin everything that we do.We aim to be the financial partner of choice for our clients, whatever their requirements, building long-term relationships, serving society, and fostering shared and sustainable growth for a better world.
MUFG’s shares trade on the Tokyo, Nagoya, and New York (NYSE: MTU) stock exchanges. The group’s operating companies include, but are not limited to, MUFG Bank, Mitsubishi UFJ Trust and Banking (Japan's leading trust bank), Mitsubishi UFJ Securities Holdings (one of Japan's largest securities firms), and MUFG Americas Holdings.
Please visit our website for more information - mufgemea.com.
Service Management Department provides effective service design, on-boarding preparation and acceptance, transition into production through robust build-release-change processes, service and system monitoring and customer focused operations and service desk functions.
Main Purpose of the role
This position is for a Senior Trade Floor support Analyst to Support the Joint (Securities & Bank) Trade Floor and associated systems. This must be an established person who would help drive the team towards increased productivity and user satisfaction.
In this role, you will be responsible for Trade Floor Support across MUFG’s banking arm and securities business under a dual-hat arrangement. Under this arrangement, you will act and make decisions on behalf of both the bank and the securities business, subject to the same remit and level of authority, and irrespective of the entity which employs you.
- Provides a stable and reliable IT service delivery function by contributing to the design, maintaining and supporting the Trading Applications and infrastructure to ensure the business have the tools to trade effectively.
- Responds to calls and requests from users, specialists and others and takes appropriate action within defined limits of responsibility or area of specialism to deal with processing priorities as this role includes 1st, 2nd and 3rd line support for Treasury/front office systems. Accepts escalations and initiates first-level support action, personally resolving the majority of referred problems.
- Investigates, diagnoses and resolves incidents and problems within service level agreement tolerances, liaising with other Technology/ Front Office Engineering and project teams as necessary.
- For all products, services and systems within the area of responsibility, demonstrates, installs and commissions desk-top systems and their routine upgrades and responsible for product patch management. Provides information on updates, known errors, changes in availability, new facilities etc.
- Carries out all routine tasks associated with operating and controlling the installed hardware and software within the trading floor. This may include multiple hardware or software platforms. Uses standard procedures and tools to carry out daily tasks.
- Provides an effective interface between users and service providers, including external suppliers to ensure support issues are dealt with promptly. This interface includes documenting incidents, progress checking, and ensuring all diagnostic information is provided for error resolution and incident analysis.
- Arrange access to trading environments and ensure that pre and post trade data is processed efficiently.
- Supporting all relevant products that have established DR and BCP capabilities. Supporting regular DR testing events for the Portfolio’s products.
- Responsible for self-identification and mitigation of risks for the Portfolio, within the regions risk framework.
- Experience working within a financial organisation in a Trading Floor environment
- Market Data, Trading Systems, Desktop, Server, IPC Dealerboard
Skills and Experience
- Absorbs and applies technical and business-related information in particular relating to the trade flow
- Appreciates the wider field of information systems, and how own role relates to other roles and to the business of the employer or client
- Understands and uses appropriate methods, tools and applications
- Works to required standards. Demonstrates an analytical and systematic approach to problem solving.
- Demonstrates effective communication skills
- Excellent team player: contributes fully to the work of teams. Plans, schedules and monitors own work competently within limited deadlines and according to relevant legislation and procedures
Functional / Technical Competencies
- In depth Market data and Trading system knowledge
- In depth knowledge or trade flow and STP
- Good knowledge of ECN connectivity and onboarding
- Good knowledge of IT infrastructure and connectivity (including networks)
- Proven strong knowledge of Reuters, Bloomberg, Citrix, Windows (workstation and Server), Linux-UNIX, other market data-trading products, ECNs, Comms, Firewalls, server / workstation hardware, Dealerboards, VMWare, STP. Amulet Blade and VDI knowledge useful and Project management (preferred)
Education / Qualifications
- Degree Educated (preferably Computer Science or similar) or similar experience
- Excellent communication skills
- Results driven, with a strong sense of accountability
- A proactive, motivated approach
- The ability to operate with urgency and prioritise work accordingly
- Strong decision making skills, the ability to demonstrate sound judgement
- A structured and logical approach to work
- Strong problem solving skills
- A creative and innovative approach to work
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- The ability to manage large workloads and tight deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy
- A calm approach, with the ability to perform well in a pressurised environment
- Strong numerical skills
MUFG is committed to embracing diversity and building an inclusive culture where all employees are valued, respected and their opinions count. We support the principles of equality, diversity and inclusion in recruitment and employment, and oppose all forms of discrimination on the grounds of age, sex, gender, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy and maternity, race, gender reassignment, religion or belief and marriage or civil partnership.
We make our recruitment decisions in a non-discriminatory manner in accordance with our commitment to identifying the right skills for the right role and our obligations under the law.
We are open to considering flexible working requests in line with organisational requirements.