2021 Intern- Alt Credit & Private Strategies, LDN
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description: Positions are located in London. Alternative Credit & Private Strategies
Since launching its first opportunistic credit vehicles over 15 years ago, PIMCO has developed a significant presence in both alternative credit and private investment strategies. Our strategies include those that seek to identify value primarily in listed securities, relying on fundamental and capital structure analysis, and also strategies that seek to privately finance the debt and equity needs of companies, asset holders, and origination platforms. We invest globally across commercial and residential real estate and mortgage credit, performing and distressed corporate debt, and specialty finance markets.
Summer Interns will work alongside seasoned associates and Portfolio Managers, focusing on financial modeling and qualitative analysis in support of direct lending and special situations/distressed debt investing. Interns will support their team efforts in sourcing, evaluating, underwriting and managing of alternative credit and private strategy investments. Sucessful interns receiving full time offers will have the opportunity to join a two year rotional program with a potential for a career track in Portfolio Management. The PIMCO Internship Experience:
• Program runs for 10 weeks beginning in early June 2021
• During Week 1, you'll participate in PIMCO Fundamentals Training , which provides you with the skills, knowledge, and relationships that will prepare you to succeed in your internship.
• Be part of PIMCO's Global Month of Volunteering , and participate in cross-divisional education, networking & social events!
• Your supervisor, peer mentor, and team offer guidance and mentorship throughout the summer
• You'll be part of a formal review process, receiving feedback at mid- and end-of-summer, keeping you on the path to meeting your summer goals.
• What to learn more? Learn more about The PIMCO Internship Experience from past interns & search for live virtual recruiting events How you should apply:
• Submit your resume, cover letter & unofficial transcript via the PIMCO Careers Portal
• The application period is July 1 - September 1, 2020. We review applications on a rolling basis and encourage you to apply as soon as you are ready, as interviews may begin prior to the end of this period. What to expect during the interview process:
• After we receive your application, an initial resume & cover letter review will be conducted by the hiring team.
• If selected, you'll showcase your interests, skills, and personality by completing phone interview with business representatives.
• Following first-round interviews, if successful final-round interviews will be held live via WebEx. Interviews will consist of behavioral and technical concepts. Position Requirements: Requirements
• Are an undergraduate currently pursuing a degree with an expected graduation date of December 2021 - June 2022
• Have a minimum 2:1 degree (or the equivalent) at an accredited college or university
• Are business proficient in English, fluency in additional European languages is highly desirable Desired candidates should possess the following characteristics:
• Strong interest in the financial markets, macroeconomics, investment finance
• Skills conducting research and basic financial modeling. Demonstrates natural intuition to make good judgments.
• Proactive in thinking about potential investment ideas.
• Good communicator; strong written and oral presentation abilities. Needs to be persuasive and credible.
• Strong work ethic and integrity; you should be a team player that is proactive and self-motivated.
• Ability to work effectively on multiple projects simultaneously
• Preferred but not required: Previous experience in an investment banking internship
PIMCO is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive, cognitively diverse environment.
For more information on PIMCO and Career Opportunities, please visit www.pimco.com/careers Benefits:
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office