2021 Finance Apprenticeship Program (Glasgow)
This role is a three year apprenticeship, taken in line with study for the ACCA Foundation Diploma, beginning September 2021. The ACCA qualification provides students with practical accounting and financial skills whilst developing their grasp of business. It is designed to give students expertise that they can use in the real world, an opportunity to learn the theory of accounting while putting it into practice too. Your responsibilities
• Preparation of files and reports for month-end and daily processes
• Data gathering/mining for reports
• Using analytical tools to determine current and potential exposure to risk -Preparing monthly financial and management reports
• Assisting with completion of annual company tax returns
• Reporting on the firm's liquidity Requirements
• You are working towards, or have achieved, a minimum of 4 higher grades (or equivalent) at BBBC (1 sitting) or BBBB (2 sittings) including Mathematics and English. Mathematics must be grade B or higher.
• You have excellent leadership, inter-personal, and strong verbal and written communications skills
• You pay close attention to detail, have analytical and problem-solving skills, and are able to understand and evaluate information quickly
• You are able to multi-task, prioritise accordingly and have excellent organisational skills Please note that the Apprenticeship programme is open to students in their 5th or 6th year of High school (or equivalent).
The deadline for applications is the 7th March 2021.