Incident & Problem Manager
About The Role
We have an exciting opportunity for a highly-motivated Major Incident specialist to join our growing IT Service Management team. You will be instrumental in dealing with all the Society's major incidents in and out of business hours. Also, you will support the Lead Incident & Problem Manager in the maturity of the function to support the IT Service Management changes to strategies, improvements and processes to best practice.
You will develop effective relationships with senior business and IT stakeholders in line with the Coventry's CARES values (Caring, Attentive, Reliable, Ethical, Straightforward).
The successful candidate will be responsible for a timely resolution of all IT Major Incidents with clear and effective communications to our business areas. The Problem Management function at The Coventry works in conjunction with MIM so you will also have the responsibility to ensure that all problems are prioritised and managed.
Further responsibilities for the role include:
• Act as the main escalation point
• Take full responsibility for restoring fast failing IT systems
• Maintain effective communication across the board in terms of technical team members and Senior Stakeholders
• Build a knowledge base and recovery plan to constantly drive forward improvement
Key skills and experience required:
• Proven track record of Major Incident Management within a technical environment preferably at a financial organisation
• Excellent influencing skills with the ability to gather teams up quickly to get a resolution
• Technical knowledge key (i.e. networks, infrastructure, warehousing, Google Cloud Platform)
• Happy/flexible to work shift patterns including night shifts
• ITIL certification
• Excellent communication, interpersonal and influencing skills are a must!
If you have the necessary experience, a drive to make a difference and want to be part of an organisation that our employees are proud to work for, then please do not delay in making an application.
About The Company
IT at the Coventry is changing; we are currently undertaking an exciting transformation project that will shape the future of the organisation. As we progress on our journey we are seeking talented individuals who are passionate about delivering an outstanding experience for both members and colleagues in an environment where you will have the opportunity to be part of the future success of the organisation and work in an environment where personal and professional development is taken seriously.