Wells Fargo are seeking a Relationship Manager, Financial Institutions Group to join the team and make an immediate impact. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 30 countries and territories. Our business outside of the U.S. mostly focuses on providing banking services for large corporate, government and financial institution clients. We have worldwide expertise and services to help our customers improve earnings, manage risk, and develop opportunities in the global marketplace. Our global reach offers many opportunities for you to develop a career with Wells Fargo. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
Market Job Description
Coverage and relationship management of a designated portfolio of Thailand / Bangladesh based Financial Institutions customers. This role is based in Singapore.
- Grow and maintain a group of assigned Thailand / Bangladesh based Financial Institutions relationships through a proactive(where possible), strategic business development, client retention, and focused relationship building effort.
- Drive the development of lasting, influential, consultative client relationships with key decision makers at all levels.
- Meet quantitative and qualitative portfolio revenue and return targets
Compliance and Financial Crimes Risk Management
- Commit to a culture which firmly establishes compliance risk management as a discipline critical to our success and the success of our customers
- Ensure compliance with Know-Your-Client (KYC) documentation and Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) / Anti-Money Laundering (AML)/Anti-Terrorist Financing (ATF) policies and procedures in order to effectively mitigate and manage risk
- Collaborate extensively with FIG Customer Risk Team, APAC and Global Financial Crimes Risk teams and Wholesale Relationship Management Support Team.
- Ensure compliance with Wells Fargo expense policies and procedures including Global Anti-Corruption policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations in the United States, Singapore and Thailand/Philippines
Credit Risk Management
- Oversee the credit risks associated with assigned relationships; review and endorse/recommend credit requests; oversee the effective management of counterparty limits and use market intelligence and sound judgement to capitalize on opportunities and avoid pitfalls in managing bank and country risk.
- Extensively partner with Portfolio Management Unit (PMU) and Independent Credit Risk Management teams in effectively managing the credit risks associated with the portfolio, providing up to date and relevant market and customer information
Product Partner Engagement
- Develop and execute account relationship plans in conjunction with Product and Support partners to define Wells Fargo’s holistic objectives for assigned clients and prospects.
- Collaborate effectively with other Wells Fargo groups to meet customers’ financial needs, , execute business plans, implement new business, and retain existing business to achieve holistic revenue growth and long lasting customer relationships.
- Uphold the Vision, Values, & Goals of Wells Fargo through the behavioral expectations. Strive to exceed customer expectations and build long term relationships with customers.
- Collaborate across Wells Fargo teams
- Commit to the highest standards of integrity, transparency, and principled performance. Follow the principle of doing the right thing, in the right way, and hold oneself accountable.
- Promote diversity and inclusion in all aspects of work and at all levels.
- Follow the principles of lead oneself, lead the business and provide the highest levels of service to customers.
Market Skills and Certifications
- • University degree
- • Minimum 5 years banking experience, including at least 3 years of financial institutions coverage experience and/or relevant product experience as it applies to FIs.
- • Strong knowledge/experience in compliance and regulations. Sound understanding of Financial Crimes Risk Management policies and procedures especially KYC, BSA and AML/ATF policies, sanctions related risks and regulatory compliance
- • Superior hands-on experience of managing Thai/Bangladesh FI relationships, and knowledge of relevant market dynamics, macroeconomic and banking sector trends in Thailand/Bangladesh is essential for this role.
- • Working knowledge , understanding and experience of Payments and Trade Finance products and solutions.
- • Sound understanding of counterparty and country specific credit issues in Thailand/Bangladesh.
- • Proven track record of marketing transaction banking products and services.
- • Fluency in English (oral, reading and writing) and superior communication and presentation skills.
- • Coverage and relationship management of a designated portfolio of Thailand / Bangladesh based Financial Institutions customers. Fluency in either Thai or Bengali would be a prerequisite for this role.
This role is based in Singapore.
Relocation support can be provided for candidates currently living outside of Singapore.
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.