See job description for details
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
The Global Financial Crime Controls Testing & Assurance ("FC CTA") function is a globally centralized independent testing program within the Financial Crime Compliance ("FCC") group, which assesses the effectiveness of the design and operation of key 1st and 2nd Line of Defense controls in identifying, managing, and/or mitigating financial crime risks (incl. Anti-Money Laundering, Anti-Bribery and Corruption, and Sanctions). The FC CTA Lead will report into the Global Head of FC CTA and will act as their global deputy, and will also be accountable for the management and oversight of the FC CTA plan and activities impacting Switzerland and the IWM business division.
This is an exciting and meaningful leadership role based in Zurich to further improve and expand a critical and prominent function under growing regulatory scrutiny, and includes extensive interaction with and visibility amongst senior business partners across Risk, Compliance, and the Business!
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
- Support the Global FC CTA Head in further developing, improving, and expanding the CTA program globally. This included the incorporation of data-driven techniques and analyses, and the development of holistic and thematic coverage of risks & controls spanning divisions, regions, and lines of defense.
- Serve as the key accountable representative and subject matter expert for financial crime controls testing, monitoring, and assurance (incl. relevant tools and technologies) on behalf of the Switzerland location across both IWM and SUB, as well as for international offices across the IWM division.
- Develop an annual schedule of CTA reviews in close collaboration with Global CTA Head, FCC, Divisional and Business Compliance, and business areas, and with consideration of current Bank, regional, and/or divisional processes, programs, and risks.
- Ensure that the team is deeply familiarized and educated on the Bank's key financial crime risks and controls, the business areas, products and services, to enable the team to more effectively and appropriately test and identify any emerging risks.
- Collaborate closely with control owners/performers, Chief Compliance Officers, business heads, and key partners as required to discuss and communicate CTA results and findings, collaborate on appropriate issue resolution/remediation, and identify trends and opportunities for program or control improvement.
- Support the periodic maintenance of global CTA standards based on divisional/regional/global changes to controls and identified risks and priorities.
- Accountable for internal and external audit commitments relating to Switzerland and IWM International CTA program.
- Are you interested lead a highly engaged team that is acting in a fast-paced and highly international environment? Then, we would be looking forward to receiving your application!
- A University degree or an equivalent education in a Finance or Law-related area.
- At least 10 years of working experience with an extensive senior experience in banking or financial institutions, optimally gathered in compliance, business risk management and/or audit,
- Proven understanding of AMLA, AMLO-FINMA legislation and regulations, and FATF international recommendations is crucial, with experience in alternative jurisdiction-specific AML or financial crime regulations preferred.
- Deep understanding of new technologies combined with strong analytical skills which would include experience using, or close familiarity with, data analytics or interrogation tools (e.g. Tableau, Access, SQL).
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills, including ability to influence actions/agenda through meaningful messaging.
- Experience managing a team, including strong people leadership skills and open, inclusive attitude.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills in English - and ideally German - enable you to collaborate with business partners from various locations and diverse group of backgrounds.
- Flexibility to work in a constantly evolving environment and the dedication to become a valuable manager of our team.
Ms. M. Moos would be delighted to receive your application.
Please apply via our career portal.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.