Are you a young and dynamic person able to get to Verbier and used to working for a family? The emphasis of your experience should be payments, balance sheet and accounting as well as strong relationship management/customer service skills. The job is based from home so you can live any where in the region, as long as you speak bi-lingual or mother-tongue English and can get by in French, and if you have a valid Swiss work permit. Family is very well-established in the region.
Family Office Officer position
This Swiss-based single family office is of Anglo-Saxon origins and the Principal is long-standing in the region. They are looking for a young and dynamic, polyvalent, experienced family officer to manage not only their basic accounting, cash and payments but also day to day operational and administrative support. In return they can offer the chance to join a young, close-knit team, as well as flexible home-working for this diverse full-time role.
Are you a young and dynamic person with good accounting skills, looking for a stimulating, broad and vibrant home-based job? Do you have family office support experience? Do you have a strong character to deal with a demanding family and lots of constantly changing work on a daily basis? This could be just the job!
Joining the family at senior associate level, on a full-time basis, working from home in Switzerland, this is a pretty flat structure with minimal levels of hierachy. Whilst primarily alone in your job, you will work closely with and have support from the Principal (Swiss resident), his family members based globally, the CIO and their PA (both of these 2 based in London). You will also have close contact with external stakeholders (banks, law firms, fiduciary, local service providers for insurance, property services, art, collectibles etc). The emphasis of the job is on accounting support (invoices, banking payments, expenses etc) as well as ensuring the smooth-running of the family's day to day business (not to include investments which is already done by their CIO). Daily contact with the custody bank and being on site locally in the Vaud/Valais region in order to meet the Principal and deal with any potential daily issues that arise.
In more details, but not limited to:
- Data acquisition and execution of payments and transfers in different countries
- Balance Sheet reconciliation, budgeting and cash flow on a monthly basis
- Presentation and reporting of the accounts in an overview (not in traditional accruals basis financial statements, but cash flow style reports)
- Liaising with third parties including banks, custodians, accountants and insurance providers
- Responsible for providing financial information to family and management team
- Capacity to draft minutes, attend calls and follow business rational
- Experience to pass bank transactions and operate accounts
- Experience with global custodians as well as managing multiple Forex accounts
- Experience with international insurance providers
- Insurance claim and follow up reimbursement
- Understanding of workflow processes, document management systems and accounting system
- Manage rental income and local vendors across properties in Switzerland, UK and the Caribbean
- Work with respective chalet and property managers
- Manage inventory of wine, fine art, jewelry
- You should already be based in Switzerland and have a few years' relevant experience under your belt in a similar environment (single family office, multi family office, bank, fidiciary, trust company, wealth management company etc)
- Accounting or Business degree a strong plus (qualified accountant is not needed)
- Strong relationship management experience
- At ease with figures and able to produce a balance sheet, cash flow statement
- Good attention to detail and managing a high volume of work and deadlines on a daily basis e.g banking payments, invoices, expenses, insurance quotes etc
- Good knowledge of accounting systems, ERPs in general; SAGE experience a strong plus
- Mother-tongue/bi-lingual English and at least good conversational French (in order to be able to work with the service providers locally)
- You will have exceptional organsational and interpersonal skills as well as drive, energy and resourcefulness. A high degree of EQ is needed to deal with the needs of a family business. Able to go and find the information and use initiative
- You will need to be a "thick-skinned" person used to the demands of differing personalities and be fairly self-sufficient, capable of working independently
- Swiss residency compulsory as this is a "home office" job that will require some occassional travel (primarily in the region e.g Verbier)
- Already in possession of full Swiss work permit and ideally a driving licence as well