Software Engineer Lead, Liquidity Technology - Vice President
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group, we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation and engineering practices. You'll be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
The Cash Management Technology team within the Banking Technology group of the Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) is receiving significant multi-year investment from the Treasury and Cash Management business to efficiently manage and monitor the global liquidity through innovative technology solutions. This role is for a Technical Lead responsible for the delivery and development of global liquidity platform. In return, the candidate will get excellent management & stakeholder exposure, and gain experience of working within one of the most mature Agile teams within Banking Technology, all while working with a modern technology stack
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 12 years' of experience in Java enterprise application development, preferably delivering high-performance, mission critical applications
- The ability to lead and motivate a team in order to deliver business benefit and technology innovation.
- A desire to work on a mature Agile project, with a focus on applying Lean techniques to maximize time spent delivering benefit
- Experience of leading and mentoring with respect to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, including but not limited to: refinement of requirements, estimation & planning, platform design & implementation, test & deployment automation, and platform resiliency & support.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to tailor communications for different audiences, ranging from senior business to junior technology staff.
- A practical & pragmatic approach to working on technical re-engineering, while continuing to deliver business benefit in parallel.
- Attention to detail and a strive for the highest quality, especially with respect to UI/UX design.
- Experience of working collaboratively within a globally diverse team.
Technical expertise includes:
- Must possess knowledge of Spring Framework, Spring Boot, advanced Java 8 features.
- Strong focus on automated testing with good knowledge of TDD, BDD and Unit testing techniques.
- A passion for understanding the business domain, and translating this into clean data model containing high quality data.
- A demonstrated knowledge of and interested in the application of existing design patterns and architectural best practices required to build modern event driven, micro services based systems
- A balanced approach to build vs re-use of technology in order to deliver the required outcomes.
- Experience of Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery technologies and best practices.
- A broad range of exposure to distributed messaging systems such as Kafka, will be an added advantage
- Understanding of AngularJS, React and UNIX shell scripting, will be an added advantage