Senior VP, Head of Procurement , Group Finance & Corporate Services
Posting Date: 03-Nov-2020
Location: Raffles Place, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Finance and Corporate Services
function manages the financial and administrative needs of the Group to help achieve its business goals. Group Finance
We support enhanced decision-making to achieve optimal and sustainable financial outcomes for our shareholders. We are responsible for providing insights into the performance of the Group through financial, regulatory and performance reporting of the Group. Job Responsibilities
You will be responsible for managing and improving the end-to-end procurement activities, including procurement governance and operations.
You will also be responsible for revamping the Group Procurement Policy and roll-out Group-wide procurement guidelines to improve governance and optimizing category spends. Key Responsibilities include
• Lead the Group Finance & Corporate Services, Procurement function and responsible for the full spectrum of activities and deliverables of the function
• Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning
• Implement a standardized supplier agreements/contracts by working with cross-functional stakeholders
• Analyze industry and market trends to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and utilize emerging opportunities.
• Develop a supplier management program with key suppliers including metrics, performance goals and improvement initiatives.
• Identify opportunities for increased competitive bidding, smarter supplier relationships and more efficient finance processes.
• Establish purchasing policies and ensure compliance
• Continuously improve productivity and efficiency of processes throughout the Procurement function, including a centralized purchase order operations team
• Develop forecasts for future demand and place orders in a timely fashion based upon vendor lead-time.
• Develop and implement sourcing and supplier selection strategy, including both subsidiaries and overseas branches Job Requirements
Be a part of UOB Family
- Recognised degree from any University (Business, Finance, Engineering or Accounting discipline will be advantageous)
- Professional certifications e.g. CIPS, CPPM, CPM and association with professional bodies e.g. The Chartered Institute of Purchasing and Supply will be an added advantage
- Minimum 15 years purchasing/strategic sourcing experience along with 8 years' experience in management position. Experience in Corporate Real Estate & Services within the Financial Industry will be an added advantage
- Proven track record in project management
- Well versed with legal terminology and language related to supplier and/or vendor agreements and contracts.
- Highly competent with the RFI/RFP process.
- Must have excellent presentation and communication skills with the proven ability to present proposals to Senior Executives
- Excellent communication and people skills, sharp attention to detail, and strong analytical skills.
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.