Senior Manager, Solution Architect
You will be part of the strategic project team to lay the future IT foundation of NTUC Income. Work hand-in-hand with the Program Director to lead and manage initiatives for Digital Innovation, New Business Models, enhancing efficiency of business processes and operations for Life, Health or General insurance. You will be exposed to leverage your experience and skillset to create new opportunities to innovate & automate our business lead to both new revenues & cost efficiency. This is one of the key pillars to drive the company towards a digitization. PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Survey market landscape for solution/application insights, market condition, trends, products, services, competitors and emerging technologies
- Provides expertise to identify and translate system requirements into software design artifacts
- Speak at internal conferences and authorship internal in publications
- Develop high-level solution architecture design (SAD) documents to facilitate integration of in-house development project and present it to enterprise Architecture Review Board (ARB) within the Income
- Develop/Maintain "Best Practices" policies/procedures for the technical implementations developed within the Income IT enterprise
- Consult with delivery leaders on detailed solution design and business requirements. Ensure overall solution user stories and design incorporate the digital overall solution vision
- Help business development life cycle by serving as a solution SME to help identify and qualify business development opportunities
- Provide end to end solution and design details
- Assess, design and provide IT solutions across the Digital portfolio including but not limited to: On-Premise and Cloud-Hosted
- Interface and coordinate tasks with internal and external technical resources. Collaborates with PMs and Scrum Masters and Technical staff to provision estimates, develop overall implementation solution/application plan, and serve as a lead as required, to implement the installation, customization, and integration efforts
- Engage in project communications with stakeholders using a collaborative approach.
- Oversee aspects of project life cycle, from initial kickoff through requirements analysis, design and implementation phases for projects within the solution/application area
- Manages a team of direct reports who drive service lines in the solution/application area
- Work with Delivery Managers to define overall recruiting needs and expertise in solution/application area
- Understand the system process flow of the primary business processes. It gives a clear picture of the functionality map and the applications footprint of various applications across the map.
- Degree from a recognized university in the field of IT or Software Engineering
- Min 10 years of experience in enterprise and business information system architectures, system engineering, project management, and information application design and development.
- Relevant experience in solution design, integration and/or service layer technologies including but not limited to APIs. AWS, ESB, SOAP/REST, BRE, BPMN, BPEL, SOA, Microservices, ECM tools, IOS/Android mobile development
- Experience in managing the delivery of enterprise grade project involving above technology.
- Experience in Agile methodology frameworks would be an added advantage
- Good vendor management with experience and ability to influence decisions in technical design and solution
- Insurance or financial services domain knowledge is an added advantage
- Hands-on experience in SOA, Microservices, orchestration and integration technologies in the areas of Web Services, ESB, BPMS, XML and related technologies
- Experience in one or more Enterprise Architecture Framework, such as Zachman or TOGAF
- Highly organized, focused and committed to achieving goals. Sound time management skills, ensuring that work is produced to agreed deadlines and high standard. Able to work under pressure and within tight deadlines on several initiatives simultaneously