Regional Product Sales Specialist (Japan Desk) - Vice President
The Regional Product Sales team handles complex cash management solution design for RFP response and pro-active solution design for regional sales initiatives for TTS Asia. This job entails supporting some of the most demanding and sophisticated Japanese Parented clients in Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) across the region.
A key strategic objective of the role is to deliver on a key growth initiative for Japan to Asia flows, and work in conjunction with Corporate Bank and GSG to deliver cash management, trade and cards solutions designed to support origination, and access designated country corridors of client flows to grow the revenue base.
The Japan Desk Product Sales Specialist is a driver in generating revenue through new TTS deals that facilitate a client's ability to more effectively manage their cash flows, and operating efficiency across the Asia Pacific, and globally. The role is expected to acquire, develop and grow client relationships with a portfolio of Japanese clients and by understanding client needs and delivering solutions across the full range of cash management solutions in Asia.
Key objective is to increase penetration of the Bank's TTS services within the existing regional client base as well as acquiring new clients for the Bank across GSG and Asian TTLC client segments.
The job reports to Singapore Product Sales Team Leader, Treasury and Trade Solutions. Responsibilities
- Deal wins - Accountable for delivering annuity revenue and win goals, with a high win ratio
- Prospecting and client calling at a senior level with regional clients (GSG Inbound and/or TTLC outbound)
- Client presentations - Develop and deliver presentation and marketing collateral for effective selling and gaining client's mind share
- Pipeline management - maintain robust pipeline across the various deal stages
- Disciplined hand-off to Implementation including deal review and kick-off process
- Japan Desk Regional and Global Network management to source deals and co-ordinate responses
- Responses to Request for Proposals - Working with the Proposal Unit, and the Product Team, develop and deliver high quality, customized Request for Proposal (RFP) & Request for Information (RFI) responses within customers' deadlines. Responsible for end-to-end delivery of the proposals.
- Be familiar with TTS positioning and messages in Japan, Payment systems and Citi's unique capability and effectively incorporate into all client communication (written / verbal and Japanese to local client seniors). Champions 'best practices' for effective selling
- Keep abreast of customer needs & market trends through continuous interaction with clients, coverage & product
- Co-ordination of solutioining for global deals
- Provide input for new product development and innovation of importance to Japanese names and strong interaction with local client delivery organisation to align franchise to Japanese companies expectations and needs in the region
- Developmental opportunity : Very high exposure to Senior Regional and Global TTS Sales and Product organizations; client, product and relationship exposure
Job Family Group:
- Minimum 4-8 years of relevant experience
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of TTS products
- Strong marketing and selling skills & customer service orientation.
- Proven track record in sale of cash management, trade, and / or technology based consulting solutions. Sales experience at a Bank is desirable
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal) and inter-personal skills. Persuasive and articulate personality
- Good team skills
- Japanese preferred
- Strong organizational & planning skills: the ability to manage & synthesize many pieces of solution / technical data into a single, flowing solution within tight timeline
- Professional disposition and client-focused attitude towards both internal and external clients
- Tenacious and takes pride in getting the job done the right way the first time
- Attention to detail with strong sense of quality in work
- Strong familiarity with Microsoft applications is essential
- Understands client needs and product capabilities, and is able to develop solutions specific to client needs
- Maturity, credibility, energy and enthusiasm
Institutional Sales Job Family:
Institutional Product Sales Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting