A new headcount has risen due to expansion of the Operations function. Calling all candidates with interest in pursuing an operational career within Asset Management!
We are looking for someone to join our Operations team covering a broad range of duties such as reconciliation, corporate action monitoring, trade processing, accrual of capital activity and payments, and foreign exchange posting. There may be some shift work involved in the US time zone.
- Perform custody transaction and position reconciliation against internal records
- Maintain ownership of daily cash and stock breaks by conducting investigation on differences, and monitoring through timely resolution with custodian
- Manage trade-processing duties proactively and timely
- Monitor corporate actions, inform PMs of relevant events and instruct the custodian according to the PMs’ decisions
- Accountable for allocated portfolios, proactive investigation and timely follow up of queries arising from internal stakeholders, counterparties and custodian
- Validate and update internal records with relevant transactions, such as fees and income
- Prioritise and manage workload according to risk or deadlines
- Meet the needs of our business partners and internal clients; and Assist the Operations Manager in other areas of Operations such as broker and custodian account opening; and
- Provide specialist product knowledge; contribute to department and Company initiatives and projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics from a recognised university;
- Minimum 1-year experience in finance industry preferably in operations, investment accounting or reconciliations
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills and a team player
- Familiarity with products such as equities and FX would be an added advantage
- Proficient in basic software including MS Excel
- Open to feedback, receptive to change
- Good at analysing and solving problem with a strong handle on operational risk