MSS APAC ex-Japan Head of Conduct Risk
The Conduct Risk team is part of the COO Organization of Markets and Securities Services. The team is part of the first line and works with the Trading and Sales businesses as well as various functions including Legal, ICRM, Risk, Finance and O&T to identify, mobilize and execute a wide range of conduct risk and controls required to response to regulatory driven requirements and reform across business lines, products and entities.
This role is to head up Asia ex-Japan Conduct Risk area reporting into the Global Head of Markets Conduct Risk. This role includes the delivery of a strategic vision for Conduct Risk framework, BAU controls & framework role out along with managing and owning the relevant governance, oversight of the change book of work & BAU relating to conduct risk. This role holder will be required to engage with both internal and external parties & stakeholders (such as Regulators, Third Party vendors). Key responsibilities:
The following are some of the specific activities expected of this role: Strategic:
- Take ownership for APAC (ex Japan) conduct risk agenda & delivery
- Help drive and deliver global standardisation of conduct risk controls
- Bringing together the conduct risk agenda & controls for APAC (ex Japan)
- Accountable for the successful delivery of change in line with overall Conduct programmes across APAC (ex Japan) in line with objectives and timescales
- Work with the Global Head of Markets Conduct Risk and the APAC MSS ex Japan COO to align priorities and deliverables across the region
- Ensure the timely and efficient roll out of new conduct risk controls for the region
- Help drive and deliver existing conduct risk control enhancements
- Resource management & talent management within the region
- Matrix management of the Conduct teams across the region
- Metric enhancement & creation to capture and measure existing and new Conduct Risks requirements within the region
- Working closely with the Central Conduct Teams to ensure global role out and enhancements are achieved
- Lead conduct risk related content and delivery for local governance in the region.
- Gain senior level buy-in to approaches and plans for change for conduct risk within APAC (ex Japan)
- Stakeholder management
- Responsible for working closely with the global and local COO organization leaders to promote a strong risk culture to ensure effective communication and collaborative partnerships in conduct risk management
Person specification: Does this role require registration?
- Own, drive & deliver the regulatory conduct deliverables across APAC (ex Japan)
- Understand and own horizon scanning & competitor landscape analysis for Conduct Risk within APAC (ex Japan), align with the Global conduct risk agenda
- Understand key regulations concerning banking and securities industry
- Regulatory engagement and feedback on conduct linked items
No Knowledge, Experience & Skills:
Excellent understanding of Conduct Risk along with full markets trade lifecycle across front office, middle office, back office and control functions and associated infrastructure .
Able to demonstrate experience of:
Skills and Competencies -
- Conduct Risk understanding, implementation & framework delivery
- Ability to work with and influence Senior management in regards to conduct risk
- Creating and leading high preforming teams
- Collaboration with end to end teams and involved in evolving an effective control environment across Markets to deliver effective risk mitigation
- Partnering with business to deliver effective change to improve accountability
- Working in the Markets organization either on public or private side
- Able to evidence a strong track record of shaping and driving change
- Successful delivery of change requiring significant stakeholder engagement and coordination
Must be able to demonstrate extensive experience of:
- Ability to lead and secure an enhanced level of engagement internally with the business and able to engage and represent Citi externally with the regulators.
- Meaningful knowledge across enterprise risk management framework, in areas such as risk identification, risk appetite
- Proven manager and leader to be able to motivate, further develop the existing team. Leading in a co-operative and collaborative working environment
- Excellent influencing, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills to mobilize and motivate delivery, with an ability to build relationships and interact effectively with stakeholders and regulators
- Proven ability to proactively manage and resolve conflict and effectively defend decisions with objective rationale
Job Family Group:
- College/university education preferred,
- circa15+ years' experience in senior leadership roles with an exceptional track record of delivery.
Risk Management Job Family:
Business Risk & Controls Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting