Head of Network Solution Design & Delivery APAC
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Sep 17
Head of Network Solution Design & Delivery APAC
Barclays is a transatlantic consumer, corporate and investment bank offering products and services across personal, corporate and investment banking, credit cards and wealth management, with a strong presence in our two home markets of the UK and the US.
With over 325 years of history and expertise in banking, Barclays operates in over 40 countries and employs approximately 130,000 people. Barclays moves, lends, invests and protects money for customers and clients worldwide. Please visit our website here for more information
About Global Technology Infrastructure Services
· Global Technology Infrastructure Services (further referenced to as GTIS) is a team of approximately 4,300 colleagues based in EMEA, US, APAC and Africa. We are accountable for delivering and supporting resilient, secure infrastructure technology and services to customers, clients and colleagues.
· GTIS is a central team of engineers, which develops and support IT infrastructure of the bank. Barclays Collaboration services (BCS), Barclays Hosting Services (BHS), and Barclays Foundation Services (BFS) are the functional verticals within GTIS.
· We are about to embark on a four hundred million pound journey to truly transform the IT infrastructure of Barclays. To enable us to achieve these ambitions we are looking to recruit highly motivated individuals who are keen to drive the delivery and adoption of cutting edge technologies.
· This is your opportunity to be part of a team that intends to revolutionise IT infrastructure within Barclays and the banking industry.
About Barclays Foundation Services
· Barclays Foundation Services (BFS) is one of three strategic pillars delivering a bank-wide transformational programme in line with Barclays Transformation Agenda across Core Networks, Service Management, and Enterprise Tools.
· BFS forms a significant part of a Major Multi-Year Technology Investment Transformation Programme (c. £400m over three years) which has Barclays Board Level support and sponsorship.
· As part of its transformational activities, BFS aims to provide the underpinning foundation in our connectivity, problem, incident and service management framework in support of other strategic pillars in Barclays Hosting Services (BHS) and Barclays Collaboration Services (BCS).
· BFS is a strategic, high priority programme with visibility at Barclays Board level.
About Core Networks
· Core Networks is a part of Barclays Foundation Services that provides both data and voice network services which consist of products including but not limited to LAN, WAN, ADC, SDN, NAC, Firewall, DNS, DHCP, Wireless, Proxy, Automation, Enterprise Voice, Trader Voice, Contact Center Voice, Voice Recording, and various Voice Applications.
· Our organization is responsible for all functions across Core Networks from L1/L2 Operations, Project Delivery, Product Management, Product Engineering, Tools & Automation, Service Management, Service Engagement and Transition Management.
Overall purpose of role
Lead for Network Solutions Design and Delivery, responsible for working with a team of internal and external partners to deliver complex network and voice solutions in alignment with our business needs and overall network strategy. This includes:
· Prioritization of work streams with business, IT partners and Solution Delivery engineers
· Relationship Management with key business partners - Service Engagement Manager
· Focus on delivery of committed work streams in the agreed time frames
· Working with key stakeholders to develop network and voice designs in support of LAN, MAN, WAN, data centre, Wireless, extranet, Enterprise, Trader, Voice Recording, and other voice application deployments
· Securing funding for proposed designs via governance process (i.e. review of technical designs documentation and build of material) while keeping in mind opportunities for cost reductions
· Securing and managing internal or external resources to deliver projects
· Configuration of network and voice hardware
· Deployment of network and voice equipment and subsequent testing in keeping with our risk profile:
o Network and Voice Stability
o Compliance to regulatory and mandatory policies
o Audit findings and Issue Assurances are fully addressed
· Adherence to all change management processes
· Full documentation for all deployments
· Knowledge Transfer to Support teams
· Solution engineers are responsible for design, build and deployment activities to deliver appropriate infrastructure solutions to meet customer requirements at an enterprise level and within budget
· Contribute to the definition of network infrastructure strategy and policy by taking an active role in working with Product Managers and Product Engineers to influence architectural strategy
· Subject Matter Expert in one or more network technologies and working knowledge across all other network technologies utilized by Barclays
· Ensure compliance to all GTIS disciplines including participation in governance, change management and risk/audit requirements
Stakeholder Management and Leadership
· Proactively engage key stakeholders and end users to provide feedback and ensure requirements and expectations are properly met
· Work with Infrastructure partners to prioritize work
· Work with other teams within Global Technology Infrastructure Services to provide sustainable enterprise scale solutions
Decision-making and Problem Solving
· Need to be able to work across network teams to provide Solutions that are in keeping with our strategic directions while meeting the needs of the business
Risk and Control Objective
All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
· Essential Qualifications:
§ 7+ years of experience in designing and implementing complex data and voice networks
§ 7+ year in-Depth technical knowledge of network and voice components (switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, wireless, Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity Connections, Nuance, IPC Trading Systems, NICE Voice Recording etc.) and routing protocols (TCP/IP, BGP, OSPF, EIGRP, VoIP, SIP, SCCP, SRST etc.)
§ Four-year college degree in Telecommunication Networks, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent experience
· Preferred Qualifications
o Data and/or Voice - CCIE qualification or equivalent experience
o 7+ years experience in designing large-scale, enterprise network solutions in large, financial institutions
§ Extensive Knowledge and experience with Cisco technology
§ Extensive Knowledge and experience with IPC, BT, Speakerbus or similar trader voice technology
§ Extensive Knowledge and experience with NICE, Verient or similar voice recording technology
§ Extensive Knowledge and experience with Carrier SIP, PSTN, Mobile services
§ Extensive Knowledge and experience with data centre design and deployment
§ Extensive knowledge and experience of WAN routing technologies
§ Extensive knowledge and experience with Load Balancer technologies
§ Extensive knowledge and experience with Proxy, DNS and DHCP technologies
§ Extensive knowledge and experience with Firewall technologies
§ Good knowledge of wireless technologies and implementation
§ Good knowledge of MAN technologies, optical networking
§ Good knowledge and experience with a range of Voice Applications such as Soft Phones, Click-to-Dial, Voice Drop, Voice Blast, Extension Mobility, Dial Plan
§ Good knowledge and experience with Voice Regulations and differences between country specific limitations
o Experience managing relationships with senior business partners
o Capable of bringing together expert knowledge from across the organisation and consolidating into a cohesive end-to-end network solution
o Strong communications skills and the ability to effectively communicate and sell complex network solutions
o Ability to work with multiple stakeholder
o Team player
o Strong attention to detail
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here .