HVD Operations Engineer
ITCS Group is an IT Managed Services, Outsourcing and Talent-Sourcing company. We provide customized IT Consulting Solutions, Project Management, IT resourcing and on/off-shore Application Development Services across the Asia Pacific region. With offices strategically located in Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore, Sydney, and Mumbai. ITCS Group is the preferred technology partner for leading MNCs, including Global Investment Banks, Fortune 500 companies, across Asia Pacific. We are currently looking for a HVD Operations Engineer to join our banking and financial team in Singapore as part of the Workspace Services Operations team, who are responsible for providing end to end infrastructure services and support a large client base across multiple geographic regions in Asia. Specific Responsibilities
- Provide critical infrastructure operational support for APAC Hosted Virtual Desktop(HVD) or VMware Virtual Infra 6.5, Managed Print for FX and HP devices and other workspace service products hosted globally like Active Directory, MS Exchange, BlackBerry, Mobility, Citrix XenDesktop, Horizon, Workspace ONE, Publish Desktop & other collaborative products including WebEx, SharePoint, MS Lync/Skype or Business.
- Cover incident, change and work order queues for WSS Operations, monitor emails to Workspace Services distribution list and respond, participate in outage group chat forums, assume ownership, respond to triage calls.
- Perform troubleshooting of HVD Infrastructure, work with various support partners such as WST, Citrix, Network, DBA and Global counterparts as necessary and perform root cause analysis and service restoration.
- Participate on Workspace Services support "On-Call" during designated week/weekends
- Participate in key HVD migration projects and manage all aspect of migration with end user communication, migration schedule, planning and execution of the project seamlessly.
- Timely resolution of production issues, update on follow ups of production issues is mandatory.
- Communicate effectively with all team members in Integration, Solution engineering and Platform engineering teams. Share critical support details with technology team members in all domains.
- Ensure all servers comply with the firm's established security standards and address any vulnerabilities in the system.
- Participate and manage events related to Power Down, BCP Network Isolation, Network Maintenance, UPS Maintenances and any planned weekend changes.
- Plan, test and implement changes and upgrades to the server hardware, firmware and operating systems environment as required.
- Update inventory and ensure run books are current and enable swift resolution times for issues.
- Participate in audit remediation and proactive identification of risks in our environment.
Strength in the following technical disciplines
Key Competencies Creative Thinking:
- Experience and understanding of an enterprise incident management system based on ITIL framework (ITSM Remedy preferred)
- Experience in PowerShell scripting would be an advantage
- Knowledge on Citrix Xen Desktop Technology
- Knowledge on Active Directory
- PowerShell scripting
- SQL Database
- Knowledge Exchange 2016 / MS Outlook
- Sound knowledge on MS Office Products especially MS Excel
- Have a strong knowledge of Windows 2008, 2012, VMware ESX 5.x, VSphere, Citrix Desktop Director, V-SAN Technology.
- A knowledge of VB and VMware PowerCli scripting for automation preferred
Client Orientation / Client Service Orientation
- Ability to generate new ideas and possibilities, and to see business opportunities from a novel perspective.
- An underlying desire to service clients and a motivation to ensure that others needs are met.
- Ability to provide business-related added value, including innovative approaches and new or improved solutions.
Team Orientation / Teamwork / Collaboration:
- The capacity to adapt approach in light of shifting priorities or changing conditions. Be open to change and fully supportive of it.
- The willingness and commitment to work as a member of a team.