Reporting to the Director, Investment (Fixed Income), this role supports the assessment of value and risks in various fixed income investments. He/she researches, evaluates the market condition, analyzes the trends, performs the fundamental credit and financial analysis, integrates conclusions and recommends the suitability of various public and private fixed income funds and securities.
As one of Asia’s most enduring family businesses, with a history that stretches for over a century, Tsao Group seeks to align the pursuit of business interests with a commitment to enhance human well-being and contribute to the long-term benefit of society. Tsao Family Office (based in Singapore) manages and administers the Tsao family’s assets and services, with a focus on responsible investments.
- Perform in-depth thematic and/or fundamental credit research to develop fixed income investment views to support asset allocation decisions and investment into new funds and securities, This would involve understanding investment strategies and industry dynamics across the fixed income universe
- Conduct due diligence on organizations, sectors, asset classes to support decision making. These may involve gathering and analyzing sector and fund strategies, track records, peer comparisons, risk management, ESG considerations and in-person meetings with fund managers, company management and industry experts.
- Perform fundamental credit research of investment grade and high yield corporates and financials; make fundamental and relative value trade recommendations
- Regular updates to Management with developments relating to the coverage sectors; prepare monthly, quarterly investment reports for Management. Monitor existing investments; whilst staying abreast of trends and news
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting/Economics/Finance or related discipline; CFA / CAIA certification is an added advantage
- Ideally a total of 4-5 years’ work experience across various finance / investment related fields, this including 2+ years solid credit / fixed income experience a private bank, investment bank, asset management firm, rating agency
- Possess a very good understanding of fixed income, credit analysis, investment markets and economics
- Ideally, with some experience with fund selection, portfolio construction, investment processes and risk management
- Solid accounting and financial modelling skills with the ability to build & analyze simple financial models, conduct due diligence and valuations
- In-depth and up-to-date knowledge of financial markets, news, across various regions and sectors; familiarity with the use of electronic data sources (e.g. Bloomberg)