Financial Crime Compliance (FCC), Anti-Bribery Group, Analyst/Associate/VP, Singapore
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Global Compliance prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape.
Financial Crime Compliance team ("FCC") is part of the firm's Global Compliance Division and is responsible for coordinating Goldman Sachs' enterprise-wide anti-money laundering, anti-bribery and government sanctions compliance efforts. Within FCC, the Anti-Bribery Group is responsible for implementing the firmwide anti-bribery and anti-corruption program, including assessment of the firm's bribery/corruption risk, development and implementation of policies and procedures to prevent, detect and report bribery and corrupt payments; due diligence with respect to proposed intermediaries, and certain other business counterparties; training of relevant personnel; monitoring and surveillance of gifts and entertainment; investigations of "red flags" and internal escalations; and bringing significant issues to the attention of senior management. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Principal Responsibilities:
The Anti-Bribery Compliance Officer would assist in all aspects of the anti-bribery program , including but not limited to:
- Supporting the implementation of anti-bribery policies, procedures and projects
- Conducting intermediary/finder and vendor due diligence reviews, analysis and writing-up reports
- Reviewing gifts and entertainment, relationship candidate and charitable contribution requests
- Investigating escalations and conducting forensic reviews
- Collaborating with risk partners on anti-bribery matters
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Prior experience in anti-bribery/anti-corruption compliance, legal, law enforcement, investigations or audit preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (fluent in English)
- Strong analytical, investigative and risk assessment skills
- Ability to prioritize demanding workflows, be detailed-oriented and well-organized
- Ability to adapt to new changes and new challenges
- Effective interpersonal skills and ability to forge strong relationships with colleagues and clients
- Self-starter, pro-active and able to work independently and yet still be team-oriented
- Experience with Microsoft Office and databases such as World-Check, Factiva and Lexis/Nexis
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.