Derivatives Clearing Operations Officer - Banking Operations - Singapore
Client money reconciliation :
Perform daily and monthly Client Money Segregation reconciliation and other related client monies control activities in accordance with relevant regulations
Perform investigation of client money breaks for proper resolution &/or direct them to appropriate teams as appropriate.
Trade processing and event management :
Investigate and resolve trade breaks on APAC markets
Handle position & expiries management within Exchange cutoff time
Perform regional regulatory reporting in accordance with relevant regulations and on a timely basis
Ensure all key controls are completed appropriately and on a timely basis
Run governance workshops or meetings for KRI, progress report
Liaise with regional/global stakeholders as necessary for tasks completion, investigations or other matters
Ensure timely escalation of issues or incidents or stressed situations to her management
Cover for any other activities as the need arises to back up the team in a pro-active and professional manner
Maintain up to date procedures of the tasks covered, and make sure to adhere to the Group policies and exchange rules as appropriate
Profile required Particular Skills And Experience Required To Do The Role:
Profile Of Candidate
- Minimum 5-8 years Futures and Options Operations, Clearing exposure. Some exposure on client monies rules/reconciliation and Treasury operations is an advantage.
- Diploma or Degree holder in Finance or related discipline
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Access, Word, Powerpoint, VBA, GMI
- Fluent English & Mandarin, written and spoken
- Ability to work within team with diverse cultural backgrounds
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently under pressure
- Strong analytical and numerical skills. Keen eye for details.
- Enthusiastic and self motivated
- Self starter, and ability to work independently
- Inquisitive and have desire to learn
- Excellent verbal & written communication skills
- Flexible working hours to cover both early and late shift
Societe Generale is one of the leading financial services groups in Europe. Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. Societe Generale provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: Societe Generale Singapore Branch
Starting date: immediate
Publication date: 2020/12/18