This Data Scientist is a newly created role and requires the potential candidate to have a strong knowledge of machine learning and experience working with massive amounts of data.
Our client is a strongly backed start up providing innovative trading experience in the region. Just after being in operation just over 6 months they hit the 5 billion trading volume mark in just 24 hours. In addition, they have an internationally diverse team that is highly adaptable and constantly improving.
Reporting to the Chief Data Officer, the Data Scientist will be involved in:-
- Feature engineering on financial market data, blockchain data and market trends.
- Researching specific market data with the purpose of detecting trading behaviour anomaly and market patterns.
- Developing risk management system by identifying the leading factors of market movements and measuring the impact of market fluctuations.
- Design and build technical processes to address business issues.
To qualify the potential Data Scientist should meet the following criteria:-
- A recognised Bachelor's Degree in a quantitative discipline (mathematics, statistics or financial engineering)
- At least 5 years of experience in machine learning application in finance market data preferably in pattern recognition and anomaly detection.
- Proficiency in Phython/C++/Java/R and working with databases like SQL/Elasticsearch.
- Ability to meet deadline and work in a fast-paced environment.
The remuneration for this role will be competitive as this is a newly created role for the Singapore business.
To apply online please click the 'Apply' button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Devan Nanthacumar on +65 6416 9879.