We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
GIC Private Equity
GIC is a global investment firm and has one of the largest and broadest private equity programmes amongst all institutions. GIC PE invests across the Americas, Europe and the Asia-Pacific in a range of sectors including healthcare, consumer, financial services, TMT, industrials, infrastructure, energy and natural resources. GIC PE also invests through private equity fund managers. GIC PE invests across the capital structure in equity, senior and junior debt, besides investing in secondary PE deals, restructuring & opportunistic credit and special situations. We currently have over 100 active relationships with fund managers and have invested directly in more than 1000 companies globally across multiple sectors.
The Global Investments, Strategy and Risk (GISR) group
is based in Singapore and plays a key role in supporting the Infrastructure Chief Investment Officer (CIO), Private Equity CIO and senior management as they evaluate investments, develop investment strategy, and define the role of Infrastructure and PE within the broader GIC portfolio. The GISR team is comprised of a diverse range of nationalities and backgrounds, including individuals with prior experience in investment banking, consulting, operations and private equity investing.
We are looking for an Associate to join the team, with a primary focus on infrastructure markets. The infrastructure strategy invests globally across all infrastructure sectors (e.g. utilities, transportation, digital infrastructure, energy and power, emerging infrastructure) and throughout the capital structure; providing a wide range of sector, geographic and investment product exposure. The role provides a unique opportunity to help shape the composition of and the outlook for, one of the largest private infrastructure portfolios globally. The role will involve:
- Deal evaluation - working with regional investment teams around the globe to support diligence, underwriting and develop an independent assessment of each investment for the CIO and the Investment Committee
- Investment strategy - support GISR's work in developing the Infrastructure and Private equity investment strategies and commitment targets. Investment strategy also involves working with investment teams and the CIO on portfolio construction, sector strategy, and performance management & measurement. GISR also works with the asset allocation team within GIC to determine the size of each private strategy, define appropriate risk guidelines, and form the cost of capital
- Sector research - In addition to developing strategic sectoral insights, the team actively identifies and monitors key disruptive trends impacting infrastructure markets, notably, in areas such as the energy and mobility transitions. This includes assessing the impact on the investment portfolio and executing strategic thematic investments
- 1 - 4 years of investment banking, M&A advisory or private equity experience
- Well-developed skills in financial modelling, valuation, research and deal assessment
- Good numerical and writing skills are expected, as is the ability to work collaboratively in teams